Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do I bluetooth contacts from one bb to another??... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

blutoothing contacts

Advertisement

How do I bluetooth contacts from one bb to another??
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    P, Once you've established contact, can't you go to the contact, press menu and select one of the send options?. I'm not sure of the answer and not in a position to test it now but it seems like it should work something like that. I guess I've never sent a contact tho.

Every time I've tried to do some type of BT info passing (ring tones, pics, etc.) it's worked something like that and I didn't have to work too hard to find it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pmarshall,

Did you ever have any luck with this?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Nope none....and bluetoothing 600 contacts one by one isn't gonna cut it lol

Are you trying to BT the whole batch? Isn't there a better way ... like syncing (one way) to get them from phone to Outlook, for example, and then syncing them back to the other phone going from Outlook to phone (one way?) Surely you can do something like that, huh? Why the BT? Not criticism, must curious.

Yeh no doubt...here's the thing. I work for cellular south and I have a customer who has a broken usb port so bt is only options at this point ya know

Gotcha! Let me know if your customer wants another one. I've got a great little pearl that I'm very attached to that has the same problem and it's not fixable - I've checked - so I have to charge via desktop cradle and no more updates, backups, etc.

Before, when I said that most of my BT experiences have been good ones, I failed to mention my attempts to connect to my P-C via BT to try to backup (for example) the Pearl via BT. No worky with DM - at least I couldn't do it.

There's probably some nerd (and I mean that in a good way) here on PS who could figure out a way to do this but I don't know who it is. I'll keep you in mind in case I stumble across someone.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I use BT to sync and back-up my Curve on my laptop but you can not use it for device switch wizard which would be the perfect solution for this if it was possible.

Lol..so there's no way to fix the usb port?

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I use BT to sync and back-up my Curve on my laptop but you can not use it for device switch wizard which would be the perfect solution for this if it was possible.
    Cowboy, I may be back in touch with you! I thought I should be able to do it (sync, backup) but I wasn't able to when I tried. I knew switch device, OS upgrade, etc. was out of the question.) I contacted one of my "If he doesn't know it nobody does" BB friends and his reply was, "I never had much luck with BT" so I gave up and moved on. I don't actually use the Pearl right now anyway but, when I have a little time, I'm gonna resurrect it and try again.

Lol PS...cennecting people everyday lol

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Lol..so there's no way to fix the usb port?
    No. It's broken on the actual phone board, not the USB port itself. Since the board IS the phone, it's not practical plus it's another phone if you replace the board. I'm attached to it - it was my 2nd BB, it's unlocked and I used it in France, not to mention that it really has no value to anyone anyway, so I think it has a permanent home here.

Let's say my charging port is loose and has to charge by holding it a certain way..can I go to cnn.cn and buy a port and replace it?? I know ill haveto take the phone apart to do so but could I do that?

Probably and maybe. If it's a bad port, most common I think, replacing it would do the trick. You can get instructions from You Tube on assembly/disassembly. I even have a brand new USB port that I got from cnn that I'll give you if you send me a mailing address. I'm not gonna use it and if you order it it'll take you 2 weeks to get it. I'll put this in the mail tomorrow - no kidding - and you can try it. If you want it PM me an address and it's yours.

If the ports bad like mine (less common I think, i.e the connection is broken at the board you're out of luck, BTW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast