I just got the pearl, and am trying to pair with my jaguar xkr 2006. ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

joecool686 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth with pearl and jaguar xkr (2006)

Advertisement

I just got the pearl, and am trying to pair with my jaguar xkr 2006. When i try to add a new device, it says no device found. It worked with my old bb, i think it was a 8700. Thanks

JoshB no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Bluetooth with pearl and jaguar xkr (2006)

Are your Pearl and your car both set as discoverable? If not, it will not work.

joecool686 no está en línea Stack level 1

hmmm. i set my bb to discoverable, idk if my car was set as discoverable, ill have to look on how. I'll get back to you if it works or not, thanks.

slausa no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 2007 Jaguar XKR that won't sync with the Pearl. While I blame Jaguar for this problem, there may be a fix (but would it void the warranty?) According to Blackberry, in order for the Blackberry to sync with any car's bluetooth, there is a "car kit" that performs this function. According to my understanding, if you were able to remove the radio, you would find the "car kit" and could replace it with another brand "car kit" that is compatible with Blackberry. The car kit is something mounted inline so it's outside of the radio according to my info. I don't know if this is right, but that's what RIM told me.

The second thing RIM told me is there were trying to do a software upgrade for the Pearl so that it would sync with the Jaguar. They told me this a couple of months ago. I'm not aware of an update yet, but hopefully they'll do one.

Jaguar is pitifully arrogant on this issue. For Blackberry to be one of the biggest deal phones ever, you'd think Jaguar would have done their homework. You can sync a Pearl to the new 2007 Toyota Tundra pickup truck. The Japanese have got their act together and if there's a problem they try to fix it.

Bottom line is all Blackberry users should be raising hell over this issue and hope for Blackberry to come up with a software fix. Good luck. Jim