Have been having lots of fun get my Pearl all set up the way I ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

StacyR no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Bluetooth setup issues?

Advertisement

Have been having lots of fun get my Pearl all set up the way I want it the last week. And checking the feasibility of using it to replace my Tungesten E2 completely.

One problem I am having which seems like it should be a non-issue, is getting the bluetooth up and working and paired with my Pavilionzv6000 lappy.

I have had no problem pairing my E2 with my notebook in the past. I have followed the directions I read here, both of them can "see" each other, and I went in and made up a passkey under my BT config on lappy for the Pearl. Then I entered that on the Pearl when trying to pair them. It tries "Waiting for Lappy"... and then after 10 seconds or so says "Unable to pair with Lappy"

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong or missing? I really wanna ditch this cable!

TIA... this forum has been the best for answering most of my questions and educating me usually before I can even ask!

saku no está en línea Stack level 2
    Welcome 2 Pinstack. I would recommend you to follow the steps in the following link,

Here you go

Hope it works.

Thanks

I was doing it all except I was not putting the numeric passkey in both at the same time... I was entering it on lappy and then trying to set it up on the Pearl aftewards...

Very cool, much better!

Oops ok. Partly there I guess.

The two are paired. Check.

BUT - when I open the BB Desktop Manager to sync, and go into connection settings... I know I want to Enable Bluetooth Support under Bluetooth Settings, but that section is not able to be highlighted for some reason? Its faded and unclickable is what I mean. Previously I had USB chosen in the top box under Connection. Now my choices are none, or all of those com's which I admit I am not very familar with.

Any ideas?

saku no está en línea Stack level 2
    U should unplug USB dock (if u plugged it in), then autodetect the connection which shows some bluetooth pin ***** number.

I beleive now u will have access to the bluetooth enable check box.

I am a month old BB user. Not much experience with this. BT works smoothly for me to sync with outlook 2007.