So my brother gave me a bluetooth to tryout - it's a Samsung. When I ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

kwatson30 no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth Question...

Advertisement

So my brother gave me a bluetooth to tryout - it's a Samsung. When I turn it on and got to "set-up bluetooth" it finds his phone, but not the headset. Then when he turns his phone off it says that there isn't anything to connect to, but the bluetooth earpiece is right next to it... Anyone know what's going on? Or is it another 4.5 mess up, but it found my brothers phone so I don't know why it wouldn't find the earpiece...

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Are you putting the bluetooth device in pairing mode? You normally have to hold a button on the bluetooth to get it into this mode. Then it should be discoverable by the BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    on my headset, it had to be off and you had to hold the power button for 5 seconds and then it would be in pairing mode.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yap like my h700 you had close the mic hole the bottom for 5 thelight will come on and you had to open the mic then it would be in pairing mode

kwatson30 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah, I think its in pairing mode, but I don't think I held it for 5 seconds... Should I hold the button for 5 seconds when its off or when its on? Becuase I think if I hold it down for more than 5 seconds when its on it'll turn it off, but also for it to turn on I have to hold it for 5 seconds... So I'm thinking it should be in pairing mode... Hmmm...

How would I know for sure its in pairing mode? I know the blue light on the earpiece blinks when I'm not doing anything with it, so wouldn't that be pairing mode?

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    The light should stay on and not blink when it's in pairing mode, you might have to hold the button down for 10 seconds or so when you're turning it on for it to go into pairing mode.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by kwatson30 View Post
    Yeah, I think its in pairing mode, but I don't think I held it for 5 seconds... Should I hold the button for 5 seconds when its off or when its on? Becuase I think if I hold it down for more than 5 seconds when its on it'll turn it off, but also for it to turn on I have to hold it for 5 seconds... So I'm thinking it should be in pairing mode... Hmmm...

How would I know for sure its in pairing mode? I know the blue light on the earpiece blinks when I'm not doing anything with it, so wouldn't that be pairing mode?
    It depends on the device, my bluetooth will blink blue every once in a while to let me know it's on, when it's in pairing mode my light blinks blue then red repeatedly. You may need to google your model headset to find the proper pairing procedure. Or let us know what model you have.

Ksea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246bd335
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Are you putting the bluetooth device in pairing mode? You normally have to hold a button on the bluetooth to get it into this mode. Then it should be discoverable by the BB.

TY TY I forgot how to put my bluetooth in a pairing mode & directions are who knows where. Got it now & all is well. Thanks again