i still hae this bt problem, each time i connect to another phone the other ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

nask no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down bluetooth problem

Advertisement

i still hae this bt problem, each time i connect to another phone the other person is unable to send me mp3 or any other kind of files, the error message is that sometihng is wrong with my phone when infact the my phone has already picked up the other phone, i have tried this with at least 4 differnt phones and still i get the same problems, could i have a defected bt device or is it just some settings. thanks if someone can help.

joebobmcslob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e22496

Re: bluetooth problem

It all depends... I tried to pair my blackberry with my friend's Nokia and nothing happened. You can see the protocols that are available. You're going to want to look for something like file sharing or something along those lines. It all depends on your phone though and the one you're trying to connect to. Bluetooth for phones is mainly for wireless headsets though. I feel your pain though, I was stoked when bluetooth phones came out and I was like, "Yes! Now I can pair it with my laptop without using USB and have some real fun!" But no, not until I got my Pearl was I able to do that.
    "Mmm... Vodka and pie..."

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Quote Originally Posted by nask
    i still hae this bt problem, each time i connect to another phone the other person is unable to send me mp3 or any other kind of files, the error message is that sometihng is wrong with my phone when infact the my phone has already picked up the other phone, i have tried this with at least 4 differnt phones and still i get the same problems, could i have a defected bt device or is it just some settings. thanks if someone can help.
    I have an 8700 and a few freinds with treo's. They are unable to send me anything either. we can pair the phones and that's it.

Scud no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: bluetooth problem

I am having the same problem. i can view and send files to the other devices but i cant recieve any. i have tried it with alot of cell phones different Nokias, Ericssons and my Laptop HP, i cant seem to recieve anyfiles from Bluetooth devices. Its getting irritating, only on that matter.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Quote Originally Posted by nask

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I think the problem is that the bb pearl doesn't have the ability to do file transfers through bluetooth. If you look at the bluetooth device options (options>bluetooth>options) then you will see your bluetooth device services and that shows everything that your device is capable to do using bluetooth. What it doesn't show is OBEX under the services. This is what allows phones to do file transfers using bluetooth. Many phones have this but apparently the bb pearl does not.
    I think there is another thread on the forum that explains what OBEX is. I will look for that and leave a link if i find it.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

OK forget everything previously posted and just go to this link and read about it.

Link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...l_tmobile.html