Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It has to do with using the default windows bluetooth stack...you would have to uninstall ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

timmyc123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    246C8F8A

Re: Bluetooth PC connectivity....

Advertisement

It has to do with using the default windows bluetooth stack...you would have to uninstall the toshiba drivers and install it using the windows generic...

jkathman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB2614

i am having the same problem...i have a pearl, desktop manager 4.2.1.9, Win XP Pro SP2, and i have unistalled the bluetooth drivers and then i have no bluetooth capability..

bpatton no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Re: Bluetooth PC connectivity....

I have a BB pearl and have had very similar problems - all I want to do is have my BB sync with Outook through BT.

Here is a quick breakdown of my problem. My PC and BB Pearl pair up but when I go to BB Desktop Manager and try to get it to connect to my BB through Bluetooth it can't find any bluetooth devices. I spent hours on the phone with Lenovo tech support and they say that the PC is communicating with the device fine because they can pair up without any problems so they stopped helping me at that point and i still can't get the BT to work with BB Desktop Manager.

Any guidance will be IMMENSELY APPRECIATED.

ndejohn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40147F74

I am in that same boat. I have 7100i and I am trying to syn all my information from Outlook through an external Blurtooth device and the Bluetooth Support Options under the Desktop Manager is grayed out from me being able to do anything. I to, would like to be able to connect the my blackberry without having to use the cable anymore. Anyone have anymoe information on this matter.

eghacker no está en línea Stack level 1

As Far as i know you cannot connect ur BB via BT to a computer this is due to security restrictions setup by RIM.

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

Quote Originally Posted by eghacker
    As Far as i know you cannot connect ur BB via BT to a computer this is due to security restrictions setup by RIM.
    this is not true. You most certainly can connect a BB to a computer via BT. I do it everyday. A few posts ago sopmeone mentioned uninstalling the Toshiba drivers and installing the microsoft BT stuff. I did it with my computer running xp pro and 2007 outlook. As soon as I installed the correct BT drive the greyed out box became active and all was well. You must be missing some part of the procedure--there are very specific directions somewhere here that are extremely helpful. I forget where I found them but they are in this BT section somewhere. Good luck

fbf
    fbf no está en línea Stack level 1

you have to remove the 3rd party bt software and drivers first. I've tried a couple of times. The bb only works with the native microsoft bt driver, not the 3rd party one.
    however, i found the bt function useless to me, it only allows u to sync contacts, files, and calendar, but you can't use the program loader or mobireader...etc...

alexo1us no está en línea Stack level 1

I have done all the searching and it appears to be an issue.
    Whether it is a config issue or software design it is still up in the air.
    I have been trying to make the 7105 work with the Bluetooth.
    Bought a el-cheapo USB and tried this one it used a 3 rd party software but I could paired and switch the audio from the bb to the PC couldn't do anything else.
    The Bluetooth options are greyed out in both the DTMS and the DM.
    Followed some links here and got the BB to say on the phone the are audio and headset and Bluetooth com port. By making the changes in BESEx to the Bluetooth polices.

I was reading about the possibilities of the BT Adaptor may be an issue so I got a DBT-122 Yes they are now supported. From the CD software.
    Windows software from the CD install with no errors.
    Still the same error when I do a service search from the desktop to the BB it shows services of active sync and voice gateway on crackberry.

My son called it that and I think I’m starting to crackup so it is appropriate I think.
    Anyway here are my thoughts on this
    I think the windows XP is not so much an issues here as long as the software is ok with the OS.
    I say this because I have connected to the PC headsets and keyboards mouse even a borrowed remote control device and have had no issues with the Bluetooth PC connections even use the otter one to connect to my server from the PC
    I believe this ether I have not found the correct way to connect the device or this is a bug in the rim software I’m betting a bug.
    Currently I running this
    Winxp SP2 full patched no more windows Updates to be had
    Rim 4.2.1.8 desktop manager device manager 4.2.1.9
    I just noticed that there are no drivers for Bluetooth mentioned but there are USB drivers ??? Maybe something to this.
    Bluetooth software is from the dbt-122 CD and fully intergrades with XP.
    The BB only shows the audio service.
    I got to missing something
    Any help or thought even off the wall may have merit please chime in
    Thanx Alex
    [

alexo1us no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok so here are my thoughts.
    First do I beleive that Mickysoft is the issue No I do not.
    Every thing else works with it on both Server and PC anything of bluetooth connectivity can and does connect even my bluetooth nokia. the only thing that has issues is the BB.
    this to me say's alot if everyone else can write software to work correctly with Bluetooth then RIM should be able to as well.
    Until they do this will be hit and miss at best.
    I suspect since they have been working on the the WIFI aspect and trying to push this the bluetooth has been left out. Simple code should solve this when they decide to do it.
    What I do know is this My OS see's and works with the bluetooth software correctly.
    But when it comes to the BB all I get is greyed out boxes. Where would you look?
    Just my two cents
    Alex

ROCKY1 no está en línea Stack level 1

hi, im new to blackberrys. i have just got the 8300 curve and for some reason it wont connect to other phones via bluetooth.
    It pairs with them but wont send or recieve as it wont connect. please help i want to send my phonebook over to my new phone via blueooth ????

tacksnip no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down compatability

an example of vendor incompetence, lack of standards and interoperability:

Microsoft (a'holes): do not support PCMCIA bluetooth devices.
    RIM (misguided): do not support any other bluetooth stack except Microsoft
    3COM (laggards): require proprietary device managers.

why can't these organisations just get their Sh** together and save us all hours of effort battling against incompetent technology.

sidenote; I have a persisting and deeply intrenched hatred of microsoft; they've done more damage to progress in technology than anything else humanity has ever invented.

eddy ransey no está en línea Stack level 1
    "tacksnip" I fully agree with you. At least a all necessary Bluetooth API information for the Blackberry should be published so that all vendors can properly support it.
    RIM should be blamed not all other vendors which can not support it even if they would like to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12