I have the pearl (8100c) and I never before had a problem connecting my phone ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Bluetooth not connecting to PC after OS upgrade

Advertisement

I have the pearl (8100c) and I never before had a problem connecting my phone to my laptop via bluetooth. I recently upgraded the OS on my phone to the new Rodgers one, and now I can no longer connect to my laptop. It will initially make the connection, but after about 3 seconds it drops. Has anyone else had this issue with the new system? I haven't changed anything on my laptop.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Bluetooth not connecting to PC after OS upgrade

No havn't had this issue. Try:
    How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)
    How To: Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity

You may have to downgrade your OS if you need this service.

thanks for the links!!!!!

i don't NEED it really, it's just easier to bluetooth files if i'm only sending one or two files and don't need to update my calender. i was just really wondering if it was a issue with the new os or is something screwy on my laptop lol

deucea729 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    I have the pearl (8100c) and I never before had a problem connecting my phone to my laptop via bluetooth. I recently upgraded the OS on my phone to the new Rodgers one, and now I can no longer connect to my laptop. It will initially make the connection, but after about 3 seconds it drops. Has anyone else had this issue with the new system? I haven't changed anything on my laptop.
    I had exactly the same problem with my Pearl yesterday, though I had not done anything to change the OS (other than a theme change) since my last bluetooth sync. My 8100 would show that it was connected to the PC for a couple of seconds, then it would disconnect. Neither BB Device Manager nor Desktop Manager would recognize the handheld, though it showed up as being paired successfully with the PC.

After initially trying everything, such as reloading the bth.ini file in C:\Windows\INF\, multiple PC restarts, and re-pairing the phone to the PC, I arrived at a very simple solution. All it took to correct this was a battery pull on the Pearl, and voila! I have my BB successfully syncing with Desktop Manager again.

Hope this helps!

Edit: My OS version is 4.2.0.71, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. But I would try the battery pull before a full OS downgrade.

thanks for the tip. i actually haven't tried synching since i posted this because of the issue. maybe i'll give it a try again. i'm not going to downgrade the os simply for a bluetooth issue when i can synch with the cable when needed.....