I have been monkeying with trying to tether, using BT, for a few minutes, and ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Bluetooth Internet Connectivity

Advertisement

I have been monkeying with trying to tether, using BT, for a few minutes, and getting nowhere. Moments ago, I did a deliberate search on BT connectivity to the internet, using a couple different search keys. I found much discussion but didn't find a solution for PC (XP SP2). Perhaps I just missed it. If not --and there has been no resolution-- please read on.

I am currently tethered, via BT, to the internet. The key, I found, was extremely simple: One MUST NOT connect to DM! When tethered via USB, the DM is mandatory (though having GUI open on the desktop is not). When using the BT Standard Modem, Windows XP SP2's BT package takes care of the whole enchalada. The connection is set up identical to the USB tethered connection, but using no DM & NO USB cord. One must have a BT dongle, of course, and mine is a generic which came off one of the many internet shops.

HTH someone...
    ...Yogich

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Make sure that you use the latest M.S bluetooth stack, and the latest wincomm drivers. The dongle does'nt care what it does, but the software sure does!

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mind elaborating? :-)
    ...Yogich