Last time I had a blackberry (curve), I could press the button on my jawbone ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3

Bluetooth headset won't activate voice dialing

Advertisement

Last time I had a blackberry (curve), I could press the button on my jawbone bluetooth earpiece to initiate voice dialing. I just paired my jawbone to my new Bold and it doesn't seem to work. It is paired and I can make calls from the phone itself and talk through the jawbone flawlessly. It disconnects when I'm out of range and auto connects when I get back in range just fine. I'm not sure what else one would have to do to enable this feature. Any suggestions?

TJONeal051489 no está en línea Stack level 1
    make sure ur blue tooth is charged up for 6 hr

ooooookkkkkkkk.... anyone else?

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am not sure if it will fix it, but there is a Bluetooth Option for "Allow Outgoing Calls". You might check that. While you are there scroll down a little and there is also a section called "Services". It has check boxes for Headset, Handsfree .... Oh ya, they are found under the "Set Up Bluetooth" application.

Everything is correct there. Thanks for the suggestions though.

julnordquist no está en línea Stack level 1

My jawbone won't activate voice dialing either

My Blackberry bold 9000 also pairs fine with Jawbone, but will not voice dial. Hoping someone knows a fix.

btmg no está en línea Stack Pro

Bluetooth problems as well

Quote Originally Posted by julnordquist View Post
    My Blackberry bold 9000 also pairs fine with Jawbone, but will not voice dial. Hoping someone knows a fix.

My headset will connect and initiate a voice dial but as soon as it starts to ring, it disconnects. So, i can make calls but cant talk through the headset. If i manually dial, then the headset stays connected for the call.

Just wanted to update. I still haven't been able to get this working, even using 4.6.0.219. So who knows when this is going to be fixed. If one of you guys figure this out, please let us know!

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My voice dial works fine over BT, can make a call hitting the button and it stays connected.

I'm running .210 on a Bold.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomedic View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My voice dial works fine over BT, can make a call hitting the button and it stays connected.

I'm running .210 on a Bold.

Jim
    But can you initiate voice dial with your bluetooh headset (without touching the phone)? Mine works too if I press the side button on my blackberry to initiate voicedial and then speak into my bluetooth headset. But I used to be able to double click my bluetooth headset to initiate the voicedial. I have a storm now and have the same problem so I'm starting to assume now that this feature has been whacked. I don't understand why they would take this feature out, aww well, guess that's what I get for using a blackberry.

Finally found the answer, thanks to rupped (from a crackberry forum). With the jawbone II you have to press & hold the top button (not the side button) until you hear a beep, then voice dial will activate. I don't have my original jawbone anymore so I can't tell you for sure that it works the same way, but if it's not working, I'd imagine you need to do the same thing. Damn, I'm happy now! I was seriously ticked that I couldn't get that to work.

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    Quote Originally Posted by jusMikeP View Post
    Finally found the answer, thanks to rupped (from a crackberry forum). With the jawbone II you have to press & hold the top button (not the side button) until you hear a beep, then voice dial will activate. I don't have my original jawbone anymore so I can't tell you for sure that it works the same way, but if it's not working, I'd imagine you need to do the same thing. Damn, I'm happy now! I was seriously ticked that I couldn't get that to work.
    Bingo! I was ticked off too until I read the little insert that told me how to do it.

Glad you got it working.

And I have a Jawbone II as well.
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4