Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

by the way from my personal ecperience i would stay away from the bt headset ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

Re: Bluetooth headset recamendations

Advertisement

by the way from my personal ecperience i would stay away from the bt headset with the retractable mic. i had nothing but problems and returned it 3 times before getting a refund. maybe it was just my bad luck

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the Motorola HS 600 its the new small beetle like looking headset. WORKS AWESOME WITH MY 8700! Volume is great. No issues at all. This is why I got rid of my Treo650. Did not matter what headset i used and believe me I bought several. I hope Palm gets their act together. Otherwise they will loose a lot of customers like myself.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have a Plantronics M2500 BT Headset and I would not recommend it to anyone based upon my experiences. This headset constantly dropped calls (it would beep two or three times before dropping the call), dropped its bluetooth pairing with my 7100t and was a PAIN to pair with the phone in the first place. I could not use the headset to answer a call. I had to answer the call from the BB before the headset would pick up the call (meaning that I could use the headset AFTER answering the phone). Worst $80 I spent in my life for a headset that was supposed to have been free with the 7100t when I bought it. I called T-Mobile and they could tell I was upset enough that they pulled this particular headset from their lineup. They said it was a problem with the electronics were used in this headset. Apparently Plantronics got enough complaints also cause they pulled it too.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-30-2006 at 08:30 PM.

I just confirmed a statement I made in my previous post. The mentioned headset is nowhere to be found on either site. I tried to search for it on plantronics.com and came up with "Page Not Found" which means it's no longer being made. Everything on T-Mobile.com is by Jabra. Just shows how horrible this particular headset actually is. The only reason I didn't return it (or couldn't) is because the problems started after the rerturn period had expired otherwise I would have demanded my money back.

Only good thing about the headset (when it worked like it should have) was the sound quality. I never had complaints about not being heard (the only person I ever used the headset to talk to was my now ex-boyfriend).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-31-2006 at 02:39 AM.

Now I need recommendations for a reasonably priced but durable BT headset myself. PIN me with any suggestions. Thanks.

I found a headset I like and want to get. The Motorola H500. It features USB charging which sealed the deal. I was going to go with a recommended Jabra headset but when I saw the USB feature, I knew that was the one for me.

Danimal no está en línea Stack level 2

I just got the H500 today. I got it from BestBuy. I originally went to TigerDirect because they were the cheapest but all they had were pink refurbished ones. I got the gray one from BB for $79. I set it up with both my 7130 and my Motorola E815 with no problem. I tried it with both phones and my wife told me she had some echo when I was on the E815 and no problems when I was one my 7130. I spoke to my parents who are in Florida right now and had no negative feedback from them. I charged it as soon as I got home with the charger for my 7130. It fits nice and feels stable, not floppy. Feels light to me.

Yes I know I could have gotten it cheaper but I would have had to pay shipping, plus I wouldn't have it NOW!!!!

Also after I determine that it is a worthy device and I decide to order them for my users at work then I will submit my receipt for reimbursement.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome!"

I remember reading somewhere online that this could be charged using a USB cord. Were u able to do this?

Danimal no está en línea Stack level 2

Yep. I charged it up using the one for my BB.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome!"

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ok, yesterday I purchased a Plantronics Discovery.
    http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...5/prod29780004

And here is a review from another site. He rates it a 4.5 out of 5.
    http://www.howardchui.com/modules.ph...icle&artid=234

So far I like it for the most part.
    I have been told that the sound quality is much better. I also like it because it is smaller than the other wireless headsets that I was looking at, and that was a big determining factor for me.
    It comes with a case for the accessories. You can charge it with either the charger that it comes with, or there are also adapters so that you can charge it with the same charger that you use for your BB. There is also a carry along charger that uses 1 AAA battery so that you can clip it and charge it on the go. There are 3 ear buds that come with it, so it is possible to use it without having the over the ear attatchment on it. The over the ear attatchment is also very small compared to others, and doesn't give you an ear ache from having it on there.
    The only bad things that I have found so far is:
    The medium and large earbuds seem like a waste, but maybe that is because I have a small ear or something. I dunno, but I tried all 3 ear buds and the only one that felt even close to feeling right was the small one.
    The only other thing I have to be careful of is that I clip it to the side of my stock BB holster (7105). Just 5 minutes ago I looked down and saw that the earbud had came loose and I lost the over the ear clip. Luckily I traced my steps and it was only 10 feet from where I was.

Well, thats just my 2 cents. I chose this one mainly because of the small size and you don't look like a cyborg with a huge one attatched to your head.

glacked no está en línea Stack level 1

Well, I'm three days in with my AX2 and am loving it. This is my first BT headset, so I don't really have benchmarks to judge it against.

The size is nice - very small. It's loud as all get out - I can have my radios turned up in my patrol car and still hear the other party - usually a complainant - without having to miss what my guys are talking about (safety issue).

The in-ear design is comfortable. I'm used to having ear plugs and the sort stuck in my ear, so I don't have any issues with it hurting. My wife said she wouldn't want it in her ear for very long, but I wore it for three hours yesterday and barely noticed it.

Pairing was easy enough. My 7130 drops and reboots every now and again when I turn it off - pain, but not overly so. Again, this is my first BT, so I can't talk about any other system - I was paired and talking to my buddy within two minutes of getting the thing. I know, I needed to let it charge. As a general rule, I tend to ignore things like that - which is why I like that I can replace the battery! Bombproof engineering just for me? Maybe.

All in all, money well spent - $79+tax. Quality is good with no hissing. People can hear me without any issue. There are probably some BTs out there that are better or worse. I'm happy with this one and don't plan on any upgrades till this one falls apart - which better not be next week.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I have a Moto 850 and I have the razrwire both are pretty good.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

My hubby and I are looking at BT headsets right now....
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

We need some BETA testers out there for BT headsets....and for that matter we need tester for BB and BB accessories!!Yep...LOL where can we find some??? We need feed back!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I looked on the blackberry site for bluetooth headsets for the 7100t, they listed 3 (Motorola H500, Jabra BT 250V, and Plantronics Explorer 320) I found the Plantronics Explorer 320 on tigerdirect for $39.99. Has anyone used this headset? They basically are pretty reasonably priced I found the Motorola H500 Pink for $44.99 not bad. I gotta decide which one I'll order.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast