Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Folks, I have spent the last 3 nights visiting forums, Searching web sites and pretty ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

dcfroe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400A8659

Smile Bluetooth headset recamendations

Advertisement

Folks,

I have spent the last 3 nights visiting forums, Searching web sites and pretty much just getting confused.

About a month ago I started looking trying to find an over the head bluetooth headset to work with my Blackberry 7520. I can not find one. I finnally gave up and purchased a M850. It is Ok but I am getting complaints from my customers that they cannot hear me and / or understand me. Some of both problems.

I wear glasses and have very sensitive ears. I could get used to the 850 and as far as comfort it was OK. (Still would love to find an over the head setup, Wait I already said that didn't I). I am in sales and nothing is worse than to have a customer complain they can't understand you.

From what I've gleaned the last 3 days favorites seem to be:

Flamingo (not sure of model #)
    Cardo Scala 500
    others??????

Can you give me some recammendations please?

Thanks to all.

Dan
    Have a Great BB day

DCFROE
    400A8659

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

PIN/ID
    400A8659

Re: Bluetooth headset recamendations????

Thanks,

I guess I was looking for some first hand opinions from other users as well as stimulate conversation.

I had looked over the threads you listed over the past couple of days.

Dan
    Have a Great BB day

DCFROE
    400A8659

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Dan,

I didn't like the M850 at all. I have a Jabra Free Speak BT250v. if you have sensitive ears (don't like anything in the ear) this may not be the unit for you.

It's light weight, great quality and no complaints from clients, co_workers, or the biggest critic my wife about clarity. Big time talk time and standby on this thing too.

have you tried Plantronics for an over_the_head unit? I found this one. Way expensive, but it's what you want. May be able to find it cheaper online.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

http://www.barjohn.com has 1st had reviews.

Sorry I don't really use bluetooth headsets.

THanks Tim.

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod
    Hope this contributes to your madness of searching.

To summarize, which I'm sure you already narrowed it down.

LCD headsets (Bluetooth)
    Sony Ericsson HBH 662
    Jabra BT800

My suggestions..
    Jabra BT500
    Motorola HS 850
    Sony Ericsson HBH610

You can see what the pros and cons for each one.

I wish I can do more of an intensive review but for the laymans out there, you either want one with LCD or without.

Once you decide which one, one of the choices should be sufficient to what you are looking for in terms of form, functionality, and quality.

They are the top brands out there and depending on your phone, each should be good for what you are looking for. I won't go into clarity, distance you can get with it, background noise, etc. for each is really user dependability. If you want the tech details, refer to those links above.

The only thing I will give you is that if you do carry a Blackberry 7520, the Jabra BT800 does have a Bluetooth "bug" where in technicality is not compatible. (you have to press the answer button 3 times or so to get it to pick up). It works, that's what I have, it's an annoyance, but with all the features described it's worth the hassle.

On the other hand, I am going to move on from it to acquire the Sony Ericsson HBH610. No LCD but it's user preference.
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!

barjohn no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just posted up my preliminary review (well a little more than preliminary just not done) on the nXZEN Plus 5500 headset at www.barjohn.com so take a look if you are interested. I intend to also test with the 8700c as soon as I get mine.
    John

For Reviews on Smartphones and Bluetooth Headsets see BarJohn Reviews IT at:
    http://www.barjohn.com

Quote Originally Posted by barjohn
    I just posted up my preliminary review (well a little more than preliminary just not done) on the nXZEN Plus 5500 headset at www.barjohn.com so take a look if you are interested. I intend to also test with the 8700c as soon as I get mine.
    barjohn:

You going to be doing any review on this?

Plantronics Pulsar 590A

I'm looking to purchase this for several reasons and uses. However, from what I have heard, it won't be released till after Christmas. Unless I'm wrong....I think I am wrong..
    Last edited by nutsnbolts; 11-14-2005 at 12:31 PM.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    My fave all-around headset to date has been the Plantronics Voyager 510. Every phone that I have used it with has been a good experience. It makes any phone super loud. The call quality has been better than the Moto and Jabra headsets I've had. I do want to try the AX2 just cuase it looks so good, but I'm afraid that I'd be giving up quality for looks.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    DCFROE

Here is your headset my man. About $100 and should be exactly what you want.

Logitech Mobile Bluetooth Headset

Drez no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been using the Plantronics Discovery 640 and have had very good success with it. VERY light weight plus you can charge it with a AAA battery if you are in a pinch.

Drez

PIN/ID
    400A8659
    Thanks twheeler.

I did some checking and the reviews had the same concern I am running into. Not real comfortable with glasses and I'm as blind as a bat without them. I'm ready to throw the HS850 out the window and go back to my old Plantronics over the head wired headset. I don't know why no one is building one of those bluetooth. It can't be that hard. Oh well maybe someday.

Again thanks for the input. I might try one as long as I can send it back if not satisfied.

Regards to all
    Have a Great BB day

DCFROE
    400A8659

The razr wire is another one that you can see if it will work. I know that you can attach it to other sun/glasses. It just has to be similar to the razr wire's glasses. At least that's what is said on the review.

Check it out here.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    Here is another over the head Headphone/BT combo from IOGEAR.

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

Re: Bluetooth headset recamendations

I would recommend the razrwire if you like wearing glasses but they are heavy in the cost area. also im not sure which model it is but i know alot of people that have the motorola bt head set. they got it at radio shack and it was 69.99. ive heard nothing but good things.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast