I am a new and proud owner of a BB Pearl. With the handset, I ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

ajmasala no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth Headset - Always on ?

Advertisement

I am a new and proud owner of a BB Pearl. With the handset, I also purchased a BH800 Nokia BT headset.
    My question is - Do you leave the BT headset on and connected to the Pearl at all times or do I turn it off when not in use (which brings up the issue of turning it on in a hurry when picking up an incoming call).
    I am coming off a Moto 850 headset which has a rather nifty way to turn on and off - using a folding boom mic. It is rather cumbersome turning the Nokia Headset on/off and re-establishing a connection.

What is the impact on pearl's battery life if the BT connection is on at all times?

Any advice/thoughts appreciated. Best wishes for the New Year !

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Bluetooth Headset - Always on ?

the headset will definately drain the battery if you keep it on all the time. i, for one, only use it in the car. but...that's just me.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello Ajmasala and Welcome to the Stacks. As Cherrichiodo said, it will drain your battery quite a bit if you keep your bluetooth connection on at all times.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello ajmasala, welcome to pinstack. I as well am used to headsets with a boom. My advice to you would be trial and error. Use the headset one day with it always connected, the next day only when you need it. You may see a big difference.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It totally drains the battery. I left mine on by accident and the phone was almost dead by the end of the day

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

What I do is I put the Bluetooth on and off button as a hot key on the side of the phone that way I can turn it on and off very quickly. When I need to turn it on, all I do is push the side button. And personally I changed the voicedial button to Bluetooth because the only Time I use voicedial....is when I am using my Bluetooth head set! Hope that helps!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

yea
    with the bluetooth on and constantly playing around with the phone my battery was dead in half a day