Hi, I recently joined this forum and find it a treasuretrove of information on Blackberries. ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

sunburn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D9FB5D

Bluetooth GPS receivers for 8700g

Advertisement

Hi, I recently joined this forum and find it a treasuretrove of information on Blackberries. As an owner of a T-mobile 8700g, I am interested in pairing it with a Bluetooth GPS device, so I can use Blackberry or Google Maps with it. I'm aware Blackberries have been used in this manner (Yes, I have read Stinsonddog's excellent article), but I have few specific issues:
    * Is it possible to pair *any* Bluetooth GPS receiver to the 8700g ? If not, what determines whether a particular receiver is compatible ?
    * Any recommendations on receiver models, based on subjective experience. Hopefully a variety of choices will by themselves constitute a 'compatibility list' of sorts.
    Thanks in advance!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello sunburn, welcome to pinstack.

I have internal GPS so I havent had a chance to use a GPS receiver. Someone else will definitely be able to help you. Meanwhile if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

sunburn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D9FB5D
    Update - I picked up the GlobalSat BT-359W from Cingular (who were selling it for $99) while at the mall this weekend. It's smaller than the mini Altoids tin, and works like a charm with BBMaps on my 8700g. Hopefully Google Maps will soon have GPS enabled too.