Hey I just got my BB Pearl and wanted to set it up with bluetooth. ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Hazey11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth giving me problems!

Advertisement

Hey I just got my BB Pearl and wanted to set it up with bluetooth. I'm not a beginner with computer use at all, however this IS my first Blackberry and first time using bluetooth. I did uninstall 3rd party bluetooth stuff and followed instructions on the blackberry.com knowledge base.

Anyways the problem is I can't do ANYTHING, I'm looking at the "Bluetooth Devices" window where it shows "Phones and Modems" and my Pearl, however it says
    Pearl Name
    Passkey enabled
    Connected*

*The connected is flashing on and off every second, this makes me think it's not connecting all the way? Added on under Blackberry Desktop Manager it says "Disconnected" although i've configured it to the device. ANY help is appreciated, thanks a ton.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Bluetooth giving me problems!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Is your BlackBerry on a BES? (ie: provided from your company?)

If it is, then the default policy is to disable all Bluetooth functions, except for headset. In this case you won't be able to use your BlackBerry with any other Bluetooth service.

Nope it's not, any ideas?

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

What are you trying to connect. If its a headpiece, Hold in the power button until the light on the head/earpiece stays LIT (not flashing) Then you can goto the BB and select find devices. It will search and find your device. After that it will ask you for a Code to Pair the BB to the other device. Usually for headsets its 0000 but look in the manual or search online for the manual (if you dont have it with your headset) for the code. Then it will pair them together whenever you turn your headset on. Youll see the BLUE LED on the top of the BB Pearl blink saying its paired (connected) to a device.

For computers, Make sure under your Bluetooth settings on the computer and the BB Device are "Set to Discoverable" or "Discover me" . Your computer will give you a code when you try to set them up for the Pairing of the 2.

If you have anymore problems Email me or PIN me.

Hope this helps

Sorry, trying to connect it to a PC, after a lot of random messing around I got it to be able to send/receive files HOWEVER the Desktop manager will not work period. Added on I can't send mp3 files, a picture worked though.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

check ur phone under an IT policy, it doesn't have to be on a BES to have the IT policy it used on it. look under the security setting and see if it has one. the IT policy may not allow some features to function. If you got your phone from EBAY or other online source as Used it probably has one on it.

Cant seem to find where that is in security settings, I did get my pearl from t-mobile brand new. Hmmmm

Tbone no está en línea Stack level 1

Looking for help...
    I hooked up Bluetooth with Pearl and my Toshiba Qosmio F15, they recognize each other but won't connect (it sync's fine with USB connection). Can't figure out what more, I know the Bluetooth works with my computer, I used to do it all the time when I had a Treo650. I too am looking for assistance, any ideas??

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

I have trouble with bluetooth and PC too. I'm only getting dial-up and audio gateway. Those do me absolutely no good.

speciialj no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having this same problem as well.