I just bought a Kensington micro USB bluetooth adapter for my desktop computer in order ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

noeleaser no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2625FE14

Bluetooth dongle for Curve & BB Desktop Manager?

Advertisement

I just bought a Kensington micro USB bluetooth adapter for my desktop computer in order to sync my Curve with BB Desktop Manager... I should've done my research first.. Apparently, it is not compatible with the Curve. Any suggestions for a SMALL bluetooth adapter? I want one of the micro adapters that is barely visible...

This is the bluetooth adapter I bought: http://us.kensington.com/html/14409.html

OR

If anyone knows how I can fix this, it would REALLY be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

jeremyblaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    Didn't know would matter but was about to do the same thing. Now curios

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    How did you figure out it wasn't compatible? Wouldn't pair?

Concept Guest
    I bought the generic $3 BT mini dongle from amazon and it works fine. I have one on two different laptops and a desktop and they all work fine with XP and vista. I don't see why people pay so much for them cause the cheap ones work fine.
    Last edited by Concept; 12-30-2008 at 09:22 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What steps did you take trying to pair them? Also what is your PC OS?

glhsracer no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a Trendnet unit I bought from Office Depot, very small. I have not had any problems, works well.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by noeleaser View Post
    I just bought a Kensington micro USB bluetooth adapter for my desktop computer in order to sync my Curve with BB Desktop Manager... I should've done my research first.. Apparently, it is not compatible with the Curve. Any suggestions for a SMALL bluetooth adapter? I want one of the micro adapters that is barely visible...

This is the bluetooth adapter I bought: http://us.kensington.com/html/14409.html

OR

If anyone knows how I can fix this, it would REALLY be appreciated!!

Thanks!!
    The bluetooth usb dongle should function fine. Did you get an error message or something?

PIN/ID
    2625FE14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    How did you figure out it wasn't compatible? Wouldn't pair?
    I tried pairing it, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, tried again.. Still didn't work...

I then read some forums with people having the same issue..

PIN/ID
    2625FE14
    Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    I bought the generic $3 BT mini dongle from amazon and it works fine. I have one on two different laptops and a desktop and they all work fine with XP and vista. I don't see why people pay so much for them cause the cheap ones work fine.
    BTW, I only paid 19.99 not 39.99 for mine..

Concept Guest
    The problem might be installing the software that came with the dongle. I haven't used the software that came with mine and I had no issues. I just used the generic windows drivers. When I did install the software, I was having all kinds of connections problems.

This is the one I got. Amazon

PIN/ID
    2625FE14
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    What steps did you take trying to pair them? Also what is your PC OS?
    I've paired a million headsets and dongles to devices, I work for T-Mobile and do this kind of stuff on a regular basis. Never had a problem until this dongle.. lol

I'm running XP 64bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    The problem might be installing the software that came with the dongle. I haven't used the software that came with mine and I had no issues. I just used the generic windows drivers. When I did install the software, I was having all kinds of connections problems.

This is the one I got. Amazon
    I uninstalled the new software and drivers this morning. when I get home tonight, I'll try using the dongle with the generic Windows drivers and see what happens.. Thanks for the advice!

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Kensington micro works fine with xp and vista default windows drivers. Works with curve, pearl and storm. Remove driver-software, reboot and reinstall. I have used this bt adapter over 30 times without any issues. Disable your firewalls, av software and try again.