Well, I did do a search and followed the steps in this link- http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nectivity.html up ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth connectivity issues with PC

Advertisement

Well, I did do a search and followed the steps in this link-
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nectivity.html

up to where I use the "Add Bluetooth Device Wizard" on the PC (Step 4-2)

I get this message:

"Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure that your Bluetooth radio is attached to your computer and is turned on, and that your Bluetooth device is turned on. Follow the setup instructions that came with the device, and then click Search Again."

My blackberry is set to discoverable mode, My blackberry sees my PC and when I hit select it asks for a "numeric passkey"... Apparently I set the PIN in the step following 4-2.

I'm sure this is due to my unfamiliarity with using my PC for bluetooth than anything... I'm open for suggestions.

I tried connecting while attached to the PC via Desktop Manager and without, same results.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Bluetooth connectivity issues with PC

No. I even went into the BIOS configuration to see if there's something on the PC end preventing operation.

I'm open to any ideas. Running Windows XP Professional with the latest SP.

When I fire my laptop up again, I'm going to see if the firewall is contributing to this. I'll disable the Firewall for troubleshooting purposes, if it works, then I'll have to research on configurations need to be done. I'm running Symantec Firewall so, we'll see.

If it still doesn't work, then I will be at a dead end.

I'll try and get to this tomorrow.

I disabled my firewall just to see if there's an off-chance this was interfering with my setting up Bluetooth to my Pearl. No luck. So ANY ideas would be appreciated, since I'm all out.

I got it to work! I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from the laptop, rebooted, downloaded the new driver off the Lenova support website, installed and everything's good!

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by krees23
    I got it to work! I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from the laptop, rebooted, downloaded the new driver off the Lenova support website, installed and everything's good!
    congrats