hi, just new to this and wonder if anyone can connect the pearl 8100 and ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

rich600longren no está en línea Stack level 1

bluetooth connecting 8100 & parrot ck3000

Advertisement

hi, just new to this and wonder if anyone can connect the pearl 8100 and the parrot car kit. My old bluetooth phone pairs wonderfully but my nice new 8100 doesn't want to know. I have heard they can be paired though even though the manufacturers site says not. anyone have an idea or wil i have to buy a different parrot kit? thanks

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: bluetooth connecting 8100 & parrot ck3000

Any phone with bluetooth should be able to connect to a bluetooth device. The reason the Parrot website may show that it doesn't is because not all phones will support the transfer of the address book. There may be other features that may or may not work. They only way to tell is to give it a shot or hope someone with this combo can give you more feedback.

Wood no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a curve and my wife has a pearl. Both pair perfectly with the Parrot ck3000. I suspect your problem is that your parrot memory is full or you're trying the "universal" bluetooth password (0000) rather than 1234, which is the parrot password. Do two things. First, disable address book transfer on your blackberry. The voice dialing is amazing on these devices, you won't care about the address book transfer. If you have the password right, your ck3000 memory is probably full. To clear it and reset the ck3000 do the following. Then turn on your ignition and press and hold both buttons on your ck3000 (I don't have the evolution), for me, it's just the red and green button on the interface. Let go when the ck3000 starts talking. DO NOT TURN THE IGNITION OFF! I believe I bricked my first ck3000 box by removing power during a reset. When it says 'pair device' or seems done, pair the phone again. It should work fine. It took me awhile to figure that out when I got my curve. The ck3000 is a nice no-nonsense bluetooth car kit and works perfectly with these devices (I had an 8700, and it didn't work so well). Now I'm struggling with a motorola s9642c in my wife's car which the curve and pearl pair with and can connect to manually. When I turn on the ignition, it thinks it connects but doesn't work. I should have bought another parrot. Anyone have this combo? Matt

Wood no está en línea Stack level 1

sorry about the lack of formatting the forum seems to have not respected the formatting I tried to do. let me know if you have any questions about this...