Hey Guys, For X-Mas I received one of those bluetooth bracelets that vibrates when you ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

lfrider no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth Beep

Advertisement

Hey Guys,

For X-Mas I received one of those bluetooth bracelets that vibrates when you get a call. It works great for calls but I would like it to also vibrate when I receive texts. I have figured out that it operates just like a headset but does not have an answer button. It simply responds to the signal sent to the headset that causes it to beep in your ear when there is an incoming call.

So basically my question is... Is there any way to make it so that if you were wearing a bluetooth headset and you recieve a text it would beep in your ear like an incoming call.

Im trying to be as clear as possible but I think I am doing a bad job of it. Please let me know if you do not understand my question.

Thanks
    Last edited by lfrider; 12-25-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    If the bracelet does not support voice features, you should be able to connect to both. Try connecting to the headset first, then the bracelet.

I do this all the time with my music devices. I will connect with a bluetooth headset not supporting A2DP. My bluetooth voice features will run off of the headset. I then connect to my speakers or earphones, the A2DP features will run off them but not the voice features.

I don't know if that only works for bluetooth music devices or if it would work on anything. I believe as long as you connect to a device that's a voice only, you can connect to another device but not use the voice features on the second one.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

lfrider no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think you are mis interpreting my question.I only have 1 device (it looks like a headset to the phone) I am lookin to make.the same notification in the headset for a text that you get for a call. There has to be a setting somewhere..... I hope... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Yeah I misunderstood. Sorry about that. After re-reading your question it's looking like you just want the bluetooth to beep in your ear when you receive a text like it would with an incoming call. I thin kthat's more of a bluetooth feature than a phone feature, and bluetooths for right now aren't designed to do that. Maybe there's a 3rd party app that will do that? But i haven't heard of one if there is.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PDXLumberjax no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ya I Have The Same Bracelet And I Want It To Vibrate On Texts Too