I'm looking forward to upgrading my 8700r to the 8800. I have a few reasons ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

melvillej no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth? (and problems with Jaguar XK and 8700r)

Advertisement

I'm looking forward to upgrading my 8700r to the 8800. I have a few reasons for wanting to do this, but foremost of this is that my current BB will not pair with my 2007 Jaguar XK at all. Does anyone know if the 8800 will have significantly different bluetooth software than my current model?

Thanks for any input.

Jordan

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Bluetooth? (and problems with Jaguar XK and 8700r)

We don'T know yet since it's not out so if you wait for some time we should be able to reply

BTW Welcome to the stacks
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

melvillej no está en línea Stack level 1

That's a good point about it not being out yet - just figured someone on here might have some more inside information.

Thanks for the welcome - it looks like a great source of info....

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I don't think you'll have to wait very long before the release
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by melvillej
    I'm looking forward to upgrading my 8700r to the 8800. I have a few reasons for wanting to do this, but foremost of this is that my current BB will not pair with my 2007 Jaguar XK at all. Does anyone know if the 8800 will have significantly different bluetooth software than my current model?

Thanks for any input.

Jordan
    If you do a search on the Pearl, and pairing it with vehicles, I do believe that it did work better. It could have something to do with it running the 4.2 operating system. Now, the 8800 will also be running the same OS, so....?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

It pairs with an '06 BMW M3, so, I know it's not the same car...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=pearl+pairing
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

ffiks no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, bad news. I have a Jaguar XK 2007, a Blackberry 8800 and my son ha a Pearl. None of the Blackberrys I tried works with the XK. Sorry!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

ffiks, welcome to the stacks sorry to hear this.
    what probs are you havin? maybe we could help
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

slausa no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 2007 Jaguar XKR that won't sync with the Pearl. While I blame Jaguar for this problem, there may be a fix (but would it void the warranty?) According to Blackberry, in order for the Blackberry to sync with any car's bluetooth, there is a "car kit" that performs this function. According to my understanding, if you were able to remove the radio, you would find the "car kit" and could replace it with another brand "car kit" that is compatible with Blackberry. The car kit is something mounted inline so it's outside of the radio according to my info. I don't know if this is right, but that's what RIM told me.

The second thing RIM told me is there were trying to do a software upgrade for the Pearl so that it would sync with the Jaguar. They told me this a couple of months ago. I'm not aware of an update yet, but hopefully they'll do one.

Jaguar is pitifully arrogant on this issue. For Blackberry to be one of the biggest deal phones ever, you'd think Jaguar would have done their homework. You can sync a Pearl to the new 2007 Toyota Tundra pickup truck. The Japanese have got their act together and if there's a problem they try to fix it.

Bottom line is all Blackberry users should be raising hell over this issue especially with Jaguar and hope for Blackberry to come up with a software fix. As far as I know right now we're screwed. If I find a fix I'll try to remember to come back and post it here. Good luck. Jim from Arkansas

willeffects no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got a 2008 XK last night and a 8320 curve. I was having no luck until I installed this:

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...code=bluetooth

You have to connect the usb cable to the phone, then visit the page using IE only.
    Then go to the car, run the application on the blackberry (installs with an icon), then have the car do its search. The car will find it and give you an ID #, the phone will ask you for the ID and put that in (in my case it poped up over the other application and was hard to see so i typed it in blind). Hit ok, then hit "done" on the application or ok, or whatever buttons are in your way at that point.

You should be good to go.

Though i have noticed that when I call someone sometimes the ringer is silent. actually 99% of the time I dont hear it ringing, no sound at all until it connects. I dont know if this is a feature somewhere or not. Let me know if you have the same issue.

Will