From the Cingular support forums, posting here to see if anyone else has had this ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

BlueTooth all of a sudden quit working...

Advertisement

From the Cingular support forums, posting here to see if anyone else has had this problem:

This morning for inexplicable reasons, the Bluetooth in my 7130c has been disabled. I am unable to enable it--tried doing it via the blue tooth icon directly, as well going via the settings route.

Can someone please help me figure out why this is happening?

I tried 2 approached.

One is move the trackwheel to the Bluetooth Icon (The Message is Turn Bluetooth On). I am unable to turn it on...it should be on, and message should be Turn Bluetooth off.

I then tried the following route:

Settings>Bluetooth>Enable Bluetooth.

Even this is not working.

Here is what I have in Options:

Discoverable: Yes
    Allow Outgoing Calls: Always
    Address Book Transfer: All Entries

Services:
    Headset
    Handsfree
    Desktop Connectivity
    Wireless Bypass

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: BlueTooth all of a sudden quit working...

N8, of course your problem is gonna be, shoot, if he doesn't know the answer.... I presume you have tried the BT headset and (if you have one) the BT USB plug-in to your PC, for functionality? Failing that, what do Cingular say? It'll frighten the sh1t outta them to deal with somebody who knows what he is talking about....

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well, that was placed over on the Cingular forums, so I decided to post over here, but low and behold just had her/him/whoever do a hard reset and it cleared out and was fine.

Who knows..probably just a glitch in the device.

At first I thought when they said they did a reset that they did a hard reset, but was only a soft one...

Oh well...

Thanks for the ideas though.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by giamburrasca
    It'll frighten the sh1t outta them to deal with somebody who knows what he is talking about....
    Hah...that was like one day I was away from an internet connection. I can't remember why, but I somehow needed my service books pushed back through...So I called TMO and told them that I needed my service books pushed back to me. The lady on the other end acted like that wasn't the issue, and wanted me to keep doing all this crazy stuff to my phone, pull the battery, blah blah blah.

Anyways, after arguing with her for a few minutes, I had to let a few choice words fly and tell her to "just resend the (explicative) service books (explicative) because she had no (explicative) idea what the (explicative) she was talking about.

She resent them and sure enough all was good.

Told her it worked and then asked her where their call center was based so I could come in, apply for her and job and take it from her.

I think that's the only time a customer service rep has actually hung up on me.

roadwarrior no está en línea Stack level 1

The same thing happened to me yesterday--exact symptoms...did soft rest several time w/o luck.

Until I found this forum, I was unclear as to process for hard reset. All is working again....thanks