I am a new user of 7130e and in talking with a friend he told ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

cmancuso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ????

Bluetooth 2.0

Advertisement

I am a new user of 7130e and in talking with a friend he told me that it supports Bluetooth 2.0. It is my understanding that 2.0 allows for orders of magnitude better thruput and and distance and much less power consumption. I have tried bluetooth headsets before and heard many complaints about background noise from those i was talking to, so i have returned 3 of them in frustration. My friend was also telling me that because of the new engineering of bluetooth 2.0 that they will more effectively be able to include noise cancelling technology similar to tethered headsets, so this problem will go away.

Wondered if anyone on board can corroborate these claims and if you know of any bluetooth 2.0 headsets that are out yet?

thanks again for your help

Carl

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Re: Bluetooth 2.0

As far as the noise canceling goes, it is getting better with newer headsets. However, I don't know if it's directly tied to the revision of BT that is available.

Most new headsets are not yet BT 2.0 compatable. They are more likely 1.1 and backwords compatable to 1.0

BT 2.0 has not quite double the range of 1.1 but it uses almost twice the power consumption. BT 2.0 is now also more widely used in data transfers due to the fact that it has a 3mbps transfer rate for data.

cmancuso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ????

SO it looks like blutooth 2.0 is not worth waiting for if the biggest issue is noise cancellation then?

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

With better data throughput a headset may be able to be programmed to have more noise cancelation if it is on BT 2.0. However, the bandwidth on BT is still limited.

I don't know if BT 2.0 is going to revolutionize the headset industry. I think it will open up more options for data transfers and maybe even BT Internet service.