Hey what is up Pinstack? I am trying to send my wife a mp3 via ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

hperkins1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth!

Advertisement

Hey what is up Pinstack? I am trying to send my wife a mp3 via bluetooth, but I keep getting this message "Unable to find server". What does that mean? We made sure our blackberries were paired correctly, and they are, but for some reason I cant send her an MP3.

Thanks for the help!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Bluetooth!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Here's what I heard from a conference call with a RIM technical expert a while back. It most likely applies to the pearl but since I heard the info before the pearl came out I can't be entirely sure. The Blackberry platform was designed to meet the security needs of the NSA, the CIA, and other Washington DC based three letter agencies. To prevent against an agent's Blackberry being compromised by foreign countries, the bluetooth is only for voice and not for data transfer. This way the signal cannot be intercepted, recorded, etc. For the same security reasons the device can be set to automatically lock within as little as one minute of inactivity and can even be set to automagically lock even while being typed on - I think also down to one minute duration. This is also why if you type in the password 10 times incorrectly the device will automagically wipe itself of all data. This way the agent can intentionally wipe it. So you can either get upset that you and your wife can't exchange contact info or you can relax knowing that national security secrets have only a very limited exposure. Your choice. :-)

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You can substitute "any data" for "contact info" at the end of my last post.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Well there is a way to send/receive data via bluetooth. If you go into your media and find the thing you want to send you can click menu and then select send using bluetooth. At the same time your wife's phone must be in discoverable mode it will find it automatically. Then it will ask you for a passkey and go through the steps of that and then it will start the transfer. At the end of the transfer it may say "transfer failed" or something like that but it will still have worked. So this is what you have to do to send/receive all data via bluetooth.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

29m
    29m no está en línea Stack level 1

hey try like ( on your wifes phone) Recieve the using bluetooth, they with the other phone send it. it always worked for me every time i got
    "Unable to find server"