Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you got a link for the update and how to do it? i kept the ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

you got a link for the update and how to do it? i kept the z9i and plan on returning the bone.

mew
    mew no está en línea Stack level 2
    catstide, here you go...

http://myblueant.com/manual_z9i.htm

PIN/ID
    wut?
    thanks.how can you tell what version you are running?

mew
    mew no está en línea Stack level 2
    v1.1. you'll have to pair it again after upgrading firmware. no biggie.. took me total of 5 minutes to install, upload, re-pair..

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e
    i just upgraded my z9 to z9i v1.1 firmware. best part is being able to sync both phones at the same time.

always like the jawbone and i can verify that noise cancelation for me was better on the jawbone. but the blueant is so musch more comfortable.

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    Jawbone hands down. I've had many but there is nothing that compares to the Jawbone and the fact that the company doesnt mind sending you out a replacement part if something happens.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarv View Post
    Jawbone hands down. I've had many but there is nothing that compares to the Jawbone and the fact that the company doesnt mind sending you out a replacement part if something happens.
    I agree with you on that replacement statement...
    My 1st gen would not charge or even turn on. I called them and they had no issue sending me out a replacement. I asked was it a new one that I was receiving and they stated yes. They throw the other ones away and don't even bother fixing them.
    They have great customer service.... A+++
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional

PIN/ID
    wut?
    well,my vote now is blue ant.i have both.the ant stays in my ear and the bone stays in the drawer.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    I finally gave up on my Jawbone 1 about a week ago after breaking my 4th or 5th earhook. I don't know whether the Jawbone 2 changed that design, but the JB1's method of connecting the earpiece to the headset put WAY too much torque on that toothpick-thick bit of metal. And yes, I was careful (after breaking the first one) about not twisting it when putting it on my head. But every few months, another one snaps off and I have to find a replacement.

So I bought a Blueant V1 last week. I got a decent deal ($76.99 plus shipping), nearly $50 less than what I was seeing for the JB2. And so far, I love it.

The V1 has what seems to be a far superior design for attaching the ear hook: it allows the headset to "yaw, pitch and roll" so to speak (i.e., adjusts in all three dimensions). Once the rubber (or foam) earpad is in the ear canal, it sits snugly and doesn't slip a bit, even when I move my head quickly. It is also much smaller, making it easier to carry in my pocket (though I would like to find a decent case to protect it).

Sound quality from my (listening) end is pretty similar to the JB1, and that's great. According to my wife, the sound on her end is better than the JB1. And it's nice having a voice that confirms things like "your headset is connected" rather than just a beep.

I'm still figuring out how to reconcile the BlueAnt's voice commands with my Curve's VoiceControl software. The V1 allows me to program numbers for "Home", "Office", "Voicemail" and a few "Speeddial" slots. They work MUCH more quickly than the Curve's native voice dialing. But I would still like to have the option to dial other numbers by voice, either via the Curve's address book, or even the Number Dial function (i.e., say "Dial 800-555-1212").

If anyone knows a magic solution, please pass it along. But that's a minor gripe. Otherwise, the V1 is a big step up, in my opinion.

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just following up on my earlier post. I finally had a chance to call BlueAnt today about my problem accessing the VoiceSignal software on my 8310 via the V1. Doing so allows me to voice dial beyond the limited set of numbers I can program directly into the headset.

Turns out the answer was very simple. A very friendly service rep (thanks, Ali!) explained that I just need to say "phone command" after clicking the V1 button. The headset says "activating your phone's internal voice dialing." Then you get the normal VoiceSignal "say a command" message.

By the way, it took a battery pull to get things working, but all seems to be going well now. With that little fix, I can't recommend the V1 highly enough!

BIGTONY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Question Catside Z9i

Cat now that you've had the Z9i for awhile, how would you rate it?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've had my z9i for several months and love it. Fits snugly, sound quality is great on both ends.

My only complaint is the ring volume. When I'm in the car listening to music, I sometimes can't hear the phone ringing through the headset. I have a docking station in the car now, though, so if I can't hear it, I can see it on the dash.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had the original Jawbone -- loved the sound quality -- hated the fit. But nothing else, at the time, could match the sound and noise suppression, so I stuck with it. Only thing that made it tolerable for me was use of a Jabra mini-gel in place of the Jawbone ear fitting. Eventually, that Jawbone fell apart and I had to replace it.

Next up: I had to make the decision this thread is all about. I bought a z9i and tried it for a while. I loved the size, like the operation better than the 1-button Jawbone -- but from day one, my wife and friends all complained that the sound was just not as good as what they were used to hearing when I was using my old Jawbone.

I returned the z9i and picked up a Jawbone 2. The fit was a bit better than the original Jawbone, but still lacking (now they have "next generation" ear gels -- haven't tried them yet). I did the same old trick again, and placed a Jabra mini-gel on the Jawbone 2, and the fit is, once again, very good -- sound and bass are louder as well. Also: from the moment I started using the Jawbone 2, people (including my wife) started commenting once again about how good I sounded over this unit.

I like the z9i's ergonomics and features, but I find that the Jawbone 2's sound quality is noticeably better, do I'm sticking with that one for now.

thecircuitbox no está en línea Stack level 2
    I like this post but now it seems like half and half. I kind of want bluetooth but honestly i only used 9 minutes of my 600 minutes for the month, and i have like 15 days left. But i want one fore kicks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12