****UPDATED***** the V1 came in today. Size is the same as the z9 / z9i. ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e

Blueant V1

Advertisement

****UPDATED*****

the V1 came in today. Size is the same as the z9 / z9i. little different from the z9 but had to compare to notice. the commands are all different from both the z9 and z9i so that will take some time getting used to. the voice commands work great. when you first turn it on it starts talking to you explaining the device and going through the set up process. you can pair to any BT device by simply saying "pair me". the sound quality is very clean on both side and you dont need to have the phone on you at all times. i left the phone in the second floor and went to the third. a little bit of static when i was walking but did not interupt my conversation and was only when i was walking. it seems a little heavier than the z9 but once on my ear i couldnt tell it ws there. the large ear gel came with the device and seems to fit good so i have no tried the other three. my favorite part is when u get an incoming call V1 lets you know a call is coming and reads the number to you then asks if you want to Accept or Ignore.

voicemail / home / office are programed to hit your phone by the speed dial you have pre set. so if you have another number in there that is the number you end up calling.

THE ONLY DRAWBACK so far is i noticed that you do not have the option to answer call waiting. i read the manual and nothing is mentioned about it. thought that was kind of weird so i will contact Blueant on monday. im sure if it is not a functin it can be added with a simple firmware upgrade.

tomorrow i will test in the car with all the windows down and see what happens.

i will post more after that

posted 9/18:
    I ordered the V1 and wanted to see who has it and your thoughts. Like it / hate it / should have stayed with z9i etc

Currently I'm using the z9 and about a week ago upgraded the firmware to be like z9i.

TIA
    Last edited by dres79; 09-20-2008 at 12:54 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I got the z9i a week ago and then saw that the V1 was available. Am anxious to hear your thoughts on it when you get it. Looks a lot bigger than the z9i from the photos. Let us know what you think when you've used it a bit.

Roger

PIN/ID
    24339b8e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    According to UPS I should have it tomorrow.

I think the V1 is the same size as the z9i and z9.

Ill post more once I receive it

PIN/ID
    24339b8e
    what it comes with:

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    What are the differences between v1 and z9i??
    I want to change from jawbone to blueant and want to know pros and cons.

PIN/ID
    24339b8e
    Quote Originally Posted by misterrx View Post
    What are the differences between v1 and z9i??
    I want to change from jawbone to blueant and want to know pros and cons.

Some differences

V1
    Voice Control
    -answer
    -reject
    -headset status
    better ear gel
    clearer sound
    pre set speed dial lists

z9i
    Multipoint (2 phones connected at the same time)

you can save money on the z9i by buying the z9 and upgrading the firmware to the z9i v1.1

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    i got my v1 this week .. and noticed that when i tried to use call waiting .. i ended u; hanging up on the first caller. Have you heard anything about this feature or lack thereof?
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

PIN/ID
    24339b8e

No. I have not heard anything yet. I called the other day and another pointless rep had no clue.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Hmmmm its so odd though- I think I read somewhere that its tied to the lack of mutlipoint technology which means you can only pair one device at a time cuz of the voice isolation feature the only upside is that the Aliph Jawbone 2 has the same prob.