Missing the desktop connectivity and wireless Bypass options. Now when I back up I lose ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

sstephanie40 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

blootooth desktop connectivity option missing

Advertisement

Missing the desktop connectivity and wireless Bypass options. Now when I back up I lose the bluetooth on my bb. Would a service book sort this out? or is it the os? it is 4.1 - the old bb i had had was the same os and had this option enabled.......

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: blootooth desktop connectivity option missing

Sstephanie40,

You mentioned that your old bb had this optioned enabled but now your new bb doesn't. Did you happen to get a new computer from since you switched BBs? I want to ask because I would like to cover all the bases before we try to figure out what went wrong.

Given your issue the services might not resolve it but registering your bb to the network might. This is done by going into Options >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing Table >> Register.
    Last edited by Felixtc; 05-26-2007 at 03:08 PM.

PIN/ID

Thanks for your reply. No change to PC. All servuce books registered with the network ok. I wonder if the manufactuing country will have something to do with this? This one is made in Mexico and the old one Hungary. They are now both U/G to 4.2. No running probs either. But the Hungarian one has wireless and desktop connecitvity options, the other doesn't. Strange!

Yes it is strange but some of the BBs that were made in Mexico have been showing issues. Have you tried a battery pull?

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes and that hasn't made any difference.

I'm going to do a factory wipe (reset) and then see if it has it on "from birth", if you get my drift and then do a clean reinstall of 4.2. As this one also won't initialize using the on/off switch now it is u/g to 4.2 it might kill two birds with one stone. I know this option on blue tooth is a firmware issue and not a service book one as it relates to the desktop. If in doubt - reinstall!

Yes whenever in doubt reinstall should do the trick. Let me know how it goes.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3

I am missing the same 2 items, desktop connectivity and wireless bypass. are those item keeping me from pairing my 8300 with my car or transfering files?
    thanks