Hello, I have had a 7130c handset that I loved, and it paired with my ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

BBAdict no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry not pairing with headset HELP

Advertisement

Hello,

I have had a 7130c handset that I loved, and it paired with my three Motorola headsets (2 H500 and an H700). Then one day it just died. So I got a new 7130c. Same unit, brand new from Cingular USA.

This new unit will not connect to the headsets. Any of them. It tries to pair, finds the unit, I put in the passcode (0000), and then it says "waiting for handset" and times out. I tried to upgrade to the latest OS (4.2.1.96), but no difference.

The problem is that I get my service abroad, so my local provider can't help me, Cingular will not help me, and neither would RIM. Any suggestions, ideas, solutions will be appreciated.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Blackberry not pairing with headset HELP

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hi there! Have you tried a battery pull out? Sometimes bluetooth devices needs to be reset.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by BBAdict
    Hello,

I have had a 7130c handset that I loved, and it paired with my three Motorola headsets (2 H500 and an H700). Then one day it just died. So I got a new 7130c. Same unit, brand new from Cingular USA.

This new unit will not connect to the headsets. Any of them. It tries to pair, finds the unit, I put in the passcode (0000), and then it says "waiting for handset" and times out. I tried to upgrade to the latest OS (4.2.1.96), but no difference.

The problem is that I get my service abroad, so my local provider can't help me, Cingular will not help me, and neither would RIM. Any suggestions, ideas, solutions will be appreciated.
    You were able to upgrade to 4.2 os?!?!?! I find that very strange all in itself

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hi there! Have you tried a battery pull out? Sometimes bluetooth devices needs to be reset.
    Yes, I did. That did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    You were able to upgrade to 4.2 os?!?!?! I find that very strange all in itself
    That was actually easy. I got the download from Cingular, applied it, and it worked fine. I had to redo my Ent Activation though. The Bluetooth issue was the same before and after the upgrade, so it made no difference.

redtailfool no está en línea Stack level 1

this might be obvious but ill still throw it out :

did you put your headset in "pairing" mode before you had your phone look for it?

Quote Originally Posted by redtailfool
    this might be obvious but ill still throw it out :

did you put your headset in "pairing" mode before you had your phone look for it?
    Yes, I did. It goes through all the pairing steps, sees the device, and askes for the passcode. Then it fails

neoglyphix no está en línea Stack level 1

Edit: Nevermind, I should really read stickies first. :P
    Last edited by neoglyphix; 09-01-2007 at 07:35 PM.