From the brief research that I did, there doesn't seem to be a way to ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

liquidsaiyan3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry as a Bluetooth Keyboard?

Advertisement

From the brief research that I did, there doesn't seem to be a way to natively use the Blackberry as a Bluetooth keyboard for another device.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do this, maybe via a software solution.
    Basically I want to be able to use my Blackberry's keyboard to type to my PS3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidsaiyan3 View Post
    From the brief research that I did, there doesn't seem to be a way to natively use the Blackberry as a Bluetooth keyboard for another device.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do this, maybe via a software solution.
    Basically I want to be able to use my Blackberry's keyboard to type to my PS3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That my friend, is impossible, unless some builds a software that allows the two different firmware to talk to each other.

But its not a bad idea though.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, nothing's truly impossible
    liquidsaiyan3 - not having a PS3, is there a mode that you can terminal into it via your home network? Can you connect it to your network and use a browser to get into it, or maybe an SSH session? Anything you can do via a PC, you should be able to do with your blackberry (most of the applications for these exist).
    In terms of actually using your BB as a pure bluetooth keyboard though, first, does the PS3 support bluetooth keyboards? Haven't heard of an app (yet) that does this.

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    sounds like a great idea !

liquidsaiyan3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Well, nothing's truly impossible
    liquidsaiyan3 - not having a PS3, is there a mode that you can terminal into it via your home network? Can you connect it to your network and use a browser to get into it, or maybe an SSH session? Anything you can do via a PC, you should be able to do with your blackberry (most of the applications for these exist).
    In terms of actually using your BB as a pure bluetooth keyboard though, first, does the PS3 support bluetooth keyboards? Haven't heard of an app (yet) that does this.
    Terminal might be possible if I installed Linux, but I doubt it would work in-game (which is what I really want it for).

And yes, the PS3 supports bluetooth devices like keyboards, mice, and headsets.

I just figured someone may have put out an app or something that allows the berry to be used as an HID keyboard.
    A man can dream, can't he? :cry:

wez312 no está en línea Stack level 1
    so how would you do this with a pc? I want my blackberry to work as a bluetooth keyboard for my home theater pc...

macfearless no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidsaiyan3 View Post
    Terminal might be possible if I installed Linux, but I doubt it would work in-game (which is what I really want it for).

And yes, the PS3 supports bluetooth devices like keyboards, mice, and headsets.

I just figured someone may have put out an app or something that allows the berry to be used as an HID keyboard.
    A man can dream, can't he? :cry:
    So, did you ever figure this out? I am searching for the same solution for my HTPC. Can't see paying $100 for a DiNovo Keyboard when my thumbs are already trained to type on my Blackberry.