Hi, Complete novice here, so please be kind ... I want to have my Blackberry ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

roaoraem no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question Blackberry 8700 and PCMCIA Bluetooth cards

Advertisement

Hi,

Complete novice here, so please be kind ...

I want to have my Blackberry wirelessly sync with my Toshiba notebook but my notebook doesn't have Bluetooth. I'd rather NOT use a USB adapter because I've not had great luck with those things staying in securely.

I've been told that I can get a PCMCIA-Bluetooth card that will fit neatly, but I've also been warned that (a) these are not widely available; and (b) Blackberries (I have an 8700) are known to have problems recognizing the bluetooth signal from them. I would appreciate any learning that is out there on this issue because I have been beating my head against the wall trying to find out if this is a lost cause.

Thanks in advance ...

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: Blackberry 8700 and PCMCIA Bluetooth cards

8700 series are only suppored to pair with headset devices. They dont have bt 2.0. I should include at this time.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello roaoraem, welcome to pinstack. I believe what you are looking to do will be available with OS 4.2, when it becomes available for your BB.

roaoraem no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thank you both!