I recently purchased a Plantronics Voyager 520 bluetooth headset for my Blackberry Curve 8320. When ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Helen Flax no está en línea Stack level 1

Best Bluetooth Headset for Blackberry Curve 8320???

Advertisement

I recently purchased a Plantronics Voyager 520 bluetooth headset for my Blackberry Curve 8320. When I wear the blackberry 8320 on my waist in an OEM Blackberry leather case (with the sleeper magnet) and the Plantronics 520 on my ear just above it I get a lot of static on my end of the conversation. Can anyone give me any suggestions on which bluetooth headsets may be better? Or do I need to look for a phone case without the sleeper magnet? Any help would be appreciated since I am tired of buying and exchanging Bluetooth Headsets. Thanks!!!

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use a Motorola H500. Cheaper than most, and I have never, and I mean never had any static unless leaving the room. My holster has the magnet, and I have used it without. I think I paid $60 for it over 2 years ago. Saw one recently at a store for $40. That's my opinion. I don't spend extra money unless I have to, and a new earpiece is out of the question until this one dies (hopefully a long time from now).

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I used to use the Jawbone, but tried the BlueAnt Z9i and absolutely love it, small, stylish and very easy to use, great sound quality

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Are there any single ear bluetooth that I can hear my music with?
    The stereo ones I have tried either have no bass or some other issue. I am going to wait for the stero sets to get better but if I could get a single ear one that will play music it would be cool. Also great for driving and listnening to the verizon mobil navigator gps. I use the corded ones now that came with my 8330 and the sounds not to bad, just tired of cords.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Here's another vote for Motorola, Helen. Been using an H700 for a couple of years now, first with my 8700 and now with my 8310. Same story as lalctaylor in that I don't get any static unless I'm too far away from the handset or in a different room.

New models of the 700 series are available now with supposedly better features......the H710 and the H721 (only difference in these is color, black and chrome respectively).

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3
    My vote goes to the blueant z9i as I stated in another thread. Its a little pricer than the h700 mentioned above but in my opinion well worth every penny. The call quality is simply amazing for both sides of the call. I get a bit of static on UMA but not anything troubling. Off UMA though this headset is a close to perfection.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Empire View Post
    My vote goes to the blueant z9i as I stated in another thread. Its a little pricer than the h700 mentioned above but in my opinion well worth every penny. The call quality is simply amazing for both sides of the call. I get a bit of static on UMA but not anything troubling. Off UMA though this headset is a close to perfection.
    Might have to check that one out once my Moto dies!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have a rechargable jabra bt8040($79) headset , just sits right inside your ear and still occasionally use my older motorola HS805($49). Both work great, no issues with either.

Ksea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246bd335
    Quote Originally Posted by lalctaylor View Post
    I use a Motorola H500. Cheaper than most, and I have never, and I mean never had any static unless leaving the room. My holster has the magnet, and I have used it without. I think I paid $60 for it over 2 years ago. Saw one recently at a store for $40. That's my opinion. I don't spend extra money unless I have to, and a new earpiece is out of the question until this one dies (hopefully a long time from now).

Hi, I'm trying to get my 8310 to fine my Motorola H500 but it can't. It worked with the razr & the pearl. Any ideas please other than buying something else. TY

calin143 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2420CAEC
    I recently purchased the Jabra BT 8040 and it works great. ($69.00 at Best Buy)
    The ear gel takes some getting used to but the sound quality is very good.
    I've tried the Platronic's discovery BT but did not take for it.
    Also considered the BlueAnt v9i but the price was too high.
    Good luck.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I swear by anything plantronics~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bsharp74653 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You want your proof go watch these 2 videos and thats all I have to say

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cpGX_FP1Pgk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxGVH39rlFQ

Advanced DSP Algorithms:
    The NoiseAssassin algorithms were developed over a number of years for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).

Patented VAS:
    Jawbone's Voice Activity Sensor (VAS) is able to detect very accurately when the person is talking and capture the frequencies of his or her speech even in the presence of noise.

[The white piece in the below picture that touches your cheek]

In the tradition of bringing together beauty and science, the new Jawbone is a miracle of miniaturization and 50% smaller than the original award-winning Jawbone. Every effort has been made to contain best in class noise elimination technology in the most unassuming, yet richly detailed product.

I've researched this JawBone 2 headset for 2 days straight while i have been working, I ordered it Tuesday and had it overnight for $20 extra I'll have it in a few hours delivered to my work. So as far as a personal opinion, I cannot give this to you yet, But I'm very sure I'll love the look, feel, and technology behind this headset, It has many users whom which swear by this headset. I hope this has helped