Hi Guys! I'm not sure how many of you had that problem too. After I ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up BB+Vista syncing over bluetooth works!

Advertisement

Hi Guys!
    I'm not sure how many of you had that problem too. After I upgraded to Vista, I could not sync any of my mobile devices over a bluetooth. That includes my new 8820.
    If you checked all the possible drivers and options, turned off all the firewalls and antivirus software, turn them back on.

Use generic Vista drivers. It's quite tricky to bring them back though. Go in your PC to
    Device Manager -> Open your Bluetooth devices -> Right click on main driver that you want to Uninstall and (the tricky part) make sure to check "Delete Driver" box as well.
    Then go to "Action" -> "Scan for hardware changes"
    Your computer should find bluetooth and install it automatically. A message saying that installation was unsuccessful might pop up and will ask to scan for better drivers. Ignore it.

Make sure that bluetooth in your BB and PC are on. Then go to your "Bluetooth devices" in your PC. Add Blackberry and pair it. Make sure that it did show up in your BB's Bluetooth Settings. You might want to Menu click on the name of your computer listed there and pick "Device Properties". Add your computer to trusted and disable encryption.

In the end go to Desktop Manager -> Options -> Connection Settings. Check "Enable Bluetooth support" box and click "Configure Bluetooth" -> Add.
    That should do it.

Hope some of you will find it helpful, meaning, hope I wasn't the last one to figure it out ;-)

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: BB+Vista syncing over bluetooth works!

THanks for posting.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

i was able to do this with my thinkap t61 without any issues
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i guess I started having issues, the dm recognizes the bb, but looses connection and won't sync, do you guys have any other solutions?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

well i resolved the issue and am able to sync thru bt, but now i am having a red blinking led, just like when a message is received, but there is no message, any idea on how to stop it? Another thing i noticed with the light is that it continues even when the bb is turned off
    Last edited by diaz1023; 10-20-2007 at 03:03 AM.
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

how did you reslove the issue?

sodadrinker no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey wondering if someone can help me out...
    I got a PC With vista Pre-Installed, Toshiba integrated Blutooth. I also have a Curve 8330 and Desktop Manager 4.5
    My initial problem was that the option to turn on Bluetooth Support was Greyed out
    I found a fix here http://banagale.com/setting-up-bluet...-dell-d630.htm ... The fix was written for XP ... so i got rid of my toshiba stack and modified my INF file and had to do some extra steps for vista but eventually was able to configure the default bluetooth radio and enumerator. So this fixed the issue with my option being greyed out... I am able to use the Bluetooth Services in my control panel to set up and pair my device and create a modem connection.. However when I go back into the desktop manager and try to search for my phone while my phone is in discovery mode... the desktop software always almost immediately comes back and states it could not find my device... like its not even trying... I have prolly spent a good 8 hours working on this/reading&searching various forms... I am not on a BES... Can anyone PUUUULEASE help me out here

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    Quote Originally Posted by sodadrinker View Post
    Hey wondering if someone can help me out...
    I got a PC With vista Pre-Installed, Toshiba integrated Blutooth. I also have a Curve 8330 and Desktop Manager 4.5
    My initial problem was that the option to turn on Bluetooth Support was Greyed out
    I found a fix here http://banagale.com/setting-up-bluet...-dell-d630.htm ... The fix was written for XP ... so i got rid of my toshiba stack and modified my INF file and had to do some extra steps for vista but eventually was able to configure the default bluetooth radio and enumerator. So this fixed the issue with my option being greyed out... I am able to use the Bluetooth Services in my control panel to set up and pair my device and create a modem connection.. However when I go back into the desktop manager and try to search for my phone while my phone is in discovery mode... the desktop software always almost immediately comes back and states it could not find my device... like its not even trying... I have prolly spent a good 8 hours working on this/reading&searching various forms... I am not on a BES... Can anyone PUUUULEASE help me out here
    I am having the same issue However I'm on a bes yet there are no rulez to stop anything for my phone. I have checked