Just got my H700 from UPS this evening and it's not being recognized by my ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Solution: Bluetooth Headset pairing problem

Advertisement

Just got my H700 from UPS this evening and it's not being recognized by my 8700c. The headset is found but is recognized as "audio device" by my 8700. When I let it try to pair I get a "Waiting for Audio Device" message then "Unable to Pair with Audio Device" error message

After several failed attempts at this I tried to pair the headset with my fiance's Razr which worked just fine - except for the fact that now she wants me to give her my headset.

My bluetooth GPS, my tabletpc and my pocketpc all paired great with the 8700, so I know it's capable of making connections. I see several posts from users here who claim to be using the H700 with an 8700.

So, both my BB and my headset appear to be playing nicely with other devices. How in the heck can I get them to talk to each other?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8700 / H700 pairing problem

Anyone able to help out with this?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Well, I have that headset and Ive successfully paired it with almost everything that has Bluetooth, you know what I mean! Make sure to get the headset in pairing mode by holding down the button with the boom closed, then open the boom after the light is solid. Make sure bluetooth is turned on inside your BB, find the device in options, Bluetooth, once found and after you enter 0000 make sure you connect to device, again in options, Bluetooth. You probably know these instructions, but I wanted to make sure. Let us know.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I've had no problems pairing these two items together also. Do what CP said about the pairing mode on the headset, make sure the light turns purple. Open the boom to transmit, and wa la! I don't understand how the headset can pair with other bluetooth products, and so can the blackberry, but not with each other?? Maybe a defective headset?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BB Solution: Bluetooth Headset pairing problem

Did this get resolved?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had this same problem with a Plantronics M2500 and 2 BlackBerry 7100t's last year and it was the headset not the phone.

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok - I found a solution, though I'm STILL a little puzzled by this.

EVERY device the headset tried to pair with (fiance's RAZR, my laptop, my PocketC, another 8700c) all saw the headset as "Audio Device". The difference in my case was that all of the other pairing devices eventually saw the headset as H700 and would then correctly pair. No such luck with my 8700c.

I went in to our IT folks, one of whom has an 8700 and a different Motorolla headset. I tried pairing with HER (non H700) headset and succeeded. I tried pairing HER 8700 with my headset - it saw (at first) "Audio Device" from my headset then it recognized and said "H700" then successfully paired.

I THEN tried pairing my 8700 with the H700 again and for some reason it did the "Audio Device" -> "H700) thing then paired. This must have been 20-30 attempts into a two day ordeal before it finally worked. I have NO CLUE what made the difference. Perhaps it was my BB having just paired with a different Motorolla model, perhaps the headset pairing with another 8700... It remains a mystery, but there is at present an apparent solution to the problem

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

bb8707g no está en línea Stack level 1

Me too having problem with with my new 8707g where my Logitec bt headset could not be detected during scanning. I had no problem pairing this headset with my old 7290. Any suggestion please?