I can get my 8700c to connect just fine to the Desktop Manager with the ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

mpnelson no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB Desktop won't connect via Bluetooth

Advertisement

I can get my 8700c to connect just fine to the Desktop Manager with the USB cable, but not via bluetooth. I've paired the devices and the Connection Settings in the Desktop Manager sees the BB just fine when I click detect, but the status never changes from Disconnected. I've spent days trying every option I can think of and just can't get it to work. Any ideas?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: BB Desktop won't connect via Bluetooth

Yeah, just keep using the DM. I would assume that certain things wouldn't be able to be added/deleted anyways through bluetooth since you would be doing the actual programs theirselves. I would think that if it can't be installed over the air, then it won't be able to be installed via bluetooth, but I may be wrong. It doesn't bother me to take the extra few seconds to hook it up via USB.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

did you read this:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1374

Saw it in the similar threads.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Ok. Sorry now I understand. I thought you were wanting to load files into your bb over bluetooth and not sync with outlook. Now that makes sense. May have to try that!

mpnelson no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    did you read this:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1374

Saw it in the similar threads.
    Yes, I should have mentioned that I went through that post and ensured that I have all the requirements in place. Indeed, I can pair (connect) my BB to my XP desktop over Bluetooth and even the BB Desktop Manager program "sees" the BB when I do a "detect." It simply never changes it's status to connected. So, I don't believe I have a problem at the lower layers of the IP stack, but the session and/or application layer seems to be having difficulties over that interface (again, works fine using the USB cable). Bummer.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~are you on a bes? If so you need the right it polocies and you need to make sure you are using xp bluetooth default software and not a 3rd parties

johnck78 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C9CC5

Quote Originally Posted by mpnelson
    Yes, I should have mentioned that I went through that post and ensured that I have all the requirements in place. Indeed, I can pair (connect) my BB to my XP desktop over Bluetooth and even the BB Desktop Manager program "sees" the BB when I do a "detect." It simply never changes it's status to connected. So, I don't believe I have a problem at the lower layers of the IP stack, but the session and/or application layer seems to be having difficulties over that interface (again, works fine using the USB cable). Bummer.

I am having this same issue, did you ever get a resolution?

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

This actually worked, it's in my post but will post it where ever needed/

http://www.sheerboredom.net/modules....article&sid=93