http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/...84004-2,00.htm Anyone tried this? It's the only one I've found with a universal 3.5mm port, ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone Used the Jabra BT3030?

Advertisement

http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/...84004-2,00.htm

Anyone tried this?

It's the only one I've found with a universal 3.5mm port, enabling use of your own stereo headphones (I'll lose the dog-tag style though).

umanben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317f3afd

Re: Anyone Used the Jabra BT3030?

I have a co worker that has had the 3030 for about a month and swears by them. He had the Motorola s9 which I'm trying and likes the jabra better. Sound is good and apparently doesn't drop the signal as often as my s9. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try and will report in.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I just ordered one myself, and I'm awaiting it's arrival.

Report:

This unit fits my needs. The volume, compared to hard wired ear buds, is almost 100% - maybe a 10% drop-off at most, which is easily compensated by bumping the BT volume control. Some may not care for the "dog tag" style, but for me it allows me to use my own headset or helmet speakers by just plugging into the 3mm jack on the BT. The tag has large buttons for volume, next/last track, pause and phone, all of which can be pressed while wearing gloves (with a little practice). Depending on your phone, you might be able to fast forward or rewind, but that does not work on my 8130. It does NOT, unfortunately, have a separate auto-answer feature - it relies on the phone answering configuration, and my 8130 will not auto-answer if out of the holster. Also, the ringtone of your phone does not play in your headset - what you hear are the ringtone playing on the phone and a series of beeps on your headset to let you know you have an incoming call. You then must press the phone button on the BT tag.

All in all, while not perfect, it works for me.

SDinSD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I'm just wondering what the use of this is? Since you have to have wired ear plugs, why not just plug them into the phone itself? Is there something I'm missing?

Well, the phone is buried deep in a parka pocket and the phone controls are impossible to use with gloves. The Jabra is more easily accessible (it dangles around the neck or can be clipped to a collar) and the keypad can be operated with gloves on. Finally, the helmet I use has built-in speakers, so I needed something that would drive my speakers, which the Jabra does with a short cord from keypad to helmet input. It works for my specific needs but may make no sense to others.

mindcontrola no está en línea Stack level 1

not the newest concept

there are tons of chinese imitations out there. this set actually is quite decent. it feels solid and static is minimal. i don't really like the design. it gets tangled when i move around too much. it is also cumbersome to have when it is not in use, such as when you have to put it away in your pocket. overall, nice battery life, but i haven't let it drain all the way. i just don't like it hanging around my neck and i don't like the flimsy clip.