I keep getting the message: "access denied because username and/or password invalid on the domain" ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

aetoole no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e on Verizon Modem & Bluetooth Denied

Advertisement

I keep getting the message: "access denied because username and/or password invalid on the domain" when I try to use my BB as a modem or to setup a bluetooth connection w/ any of my computers. I have tried Verizon's solution of deleted the connection setup in Network Connections located under my Control Panel on my computer and then running the Wizard in the VZAccess Manager Software that came with the BB again. I have the 2 week trial and I'd like to make sure I can use all of the BBs abilities successfully w/ my computers before deciding to keep. Thanks! Elina

Re: 8703e on Verizon Modem & Bluetooth Denied

Uuug, just found the verizon faqs section. Sorry. Lemme go thru those first and then I'll scream for help.E

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I got the password wrong stuff when I tried to use mine as a modem and found out Verizon forgot to add the tether option to my plan. Sorry I have never tried the bluetooth

scaredpoet no está en línea Stack level 2

Generally, bluetooth tethering doesn't work on Blackberries as RIM doesn't offer that profile on their devices. I think there are third party apps that make it happen, but I wouldn't recommend it; Bluetooth tethering slows down EVDO speeds. You're really better off with USB.

azmoto no está en línea Stack level 2

if your signal is low then you might bounce off a sprint tower for example. when you try to dial in it will give you the invalid error. Delete and recreate the connection in your "network connections" in control panel. Also disable norton mcafee etc as those serve as nothing more than a crippling bottleneck.

Just spent some time on the phone w/ the Verizon Tech and was informed that the BB is unsupported by Verizon for Bluetooth "at this time". He patiently helped me get the tethered modem working via USB though and I gotta say it is fast. Dont really need BT for much other than the headset I guess. All PIM data transfered easily via USB so I am set really. Thanks for everyone's help.