[FONT=Verdana]How do I get connection manager to recognize my bb via bluetooth? I can connect ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

sirhc no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e as a Bluetooth Modem

Advertisement

[FONT=Verdana]How do I get connection manager to recognize my bb via bluetooth? I can connect to the bb but when I open the Connection manager it initializes and then ask me to “connect your phone”. Any Ideals[/FONT]

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

Re: 8703e as a Bluetooth Modem

well anybody can correct me if i'm wrong but i think the following conditions need to be met:
    1. i think the 8703e only tethers via bluetooth, so connect with USB...i know..i wish it tethered w/ bluetooth too..and i hope im wrong :P
    2.be sure "phone as modem" is enabled on your plan...i tried connecting my 8703e with connection manager and it wasnt recognized..the sprint rep said it was because phone as modem wasnt enabled...
    hope this helps, and if im wrong somebody correct me

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if I remeber correctly, the connection manager only works through usb, not bluetooth. Also the phone as modem is standard on the unlimited bb plan so there should be no need to set it up but I remember reading about some users needing to contact customer service to enable the service

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It is my understanding that their as an EVDO/Broadband feature code that is on the account by default (for VZW). There is a separate tethering feature code ($15) that needs to be added to the account in order to tether.

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

Quote Originally Posted by diaz1023
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if I remeber correctly, the connection manager only works through usb, not bluetooth. Also the phone as modem is standard on the unlimited bb plan so there should be no need to set it up but I remember reading about some users needing to contact customer service to enable the service
    PAM is enabled by default on unlimited BB with sprint? REALLY??

that's so awesome...hahaha

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i use my phone as modem all the time before I set it up I was told it needed to be set up but I never called and it works fine via USB you can't for free with unlimited data and you can't use the Bluetooth

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when I got my bb back in oct 06, the tethering was part of the package and so far I have not seen or had any extra charges for it

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

BlackBerry® Unlimited Data Pack

Take advantage of all the great features of your new BlackBerry with unlimited BlackBerry email traffic and internet browsing to empower you to always stay connected.
    We offer the latest version of handheld and desktop software for the BlackBerry, powered by Sprint PCS. BlackBerry Internet Email is an internet-based email interface that lets you add email account that you want to work with your device. You can set up any of the following accounts: Outlook, Lotus, Domino, and POP3/ISP email accounts.
    Get unlimited high-speed Internet access anywhere on the Sprint wireless data network. Simply connect your BlackBerry to a laptop computer using a USB cable.
    © 2007 Sprint. All Sprint trademarks are property of Sprint Communications Company L.P.

Print | Close

got this from the sprint site tonight
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

thanks diaz for clearing everything up with hard fact based evidence. im using the 8703e as a tethered modem now, and as always its via usb.
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82

I have a BB 7250 how do I set it up as a modem ?

scaredpoet no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jlancaster00
    I have a BB 7250 how do I set it up as a modem ?
    You need to download Sprint's Connection Manager Software, from this link:

http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...alId=downloads

In the drop-down menu, select the operating system of your DESKTOP computer (i.e. what version of Windows you have) At this time, I don't think Mac is supported.

Then, on the following screen, download "Sprint PCS Connection manager for Phone As Modem/USB Cables."

Install the software, specifiying that you want to install drivers for Blackberry handhelds.

Then, connection your phone to your computer via USB, run the program, and you should be all set.