This is a toughy. I was fiddling around with my bluetooth and my mac book ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb 8330 used as Bluetooth modem?

Advertisement

This is a toughy. I was fiddling around with my bluetooth and my mac book pro and connected with my phone. I went to configure the device and it was asking me if I wanted to access the internet with my phones data connection. Hell yes I do! That would be awesome. But then it asks me for a vendor and username, password and my #. Hmmm. Ok. Tried my login info for sprint.com. It said congratulations you are connected using bluetooth and now can acces the internet and some other options. Well its not working. Do I need some sort of extra plan through Sprint or am I doing something else wrong here. Anyone have any insight on this matter?

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Assuming your on Verizon

Phone number is: #777

User = your10digitphonenumber@vzw3g.com

Password = vzw

Good luck

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry - just saw you were on Sprint.

Phone number = #777

User = Your existing Sprint PCS Username
    Password = Your existing Sprint PCS Username

You will need to have tethering enabled on your data plan to permit access to this feature.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 10-13-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks for the help. I looked on the Sprint website for their Phone as Modem plan and was utterly disgusted at how much it is. It is $49.99. What is the point or difference if I am already paying for an everything plan with unlimited web. How do they even know if I were connecting to the internet via bluetooth?

Well just got done chatting with sprint and they said phone as modem is not available for everything plans. Ok, I asked how much it would be to add it. "Sorry it is not available for you simply everything plan". WTF! She said we have mobile broadband cards and plans available. F that S**T. Thats $60 a month. Costing more than my phone bill. I would get 25% off that but it is still not worth it.

It worked! I wanted to really test it out. But now will probably be charged 3 dollars for the page i refreshed. I want to use this. It works but she says its not available for my plan. Hhmm, If I just used it would they even know?

I'm not on Sprint - however - if I recall my conversations with sales person, I believe it is included as part of the BlackBerry everything plan.
    On Verizon - they tack on an additional $15 per month.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have the everything plan and they say its not included and cant be added to it. Don't like that much.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just download the Sprint Smartview software and use a USB cable. PAM or no PAM, it lets you on.

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    Just download the Sprint Smartview software and use a USB cable. PAM or no PAM, it lets you on.
    Yeah but will I get charged for it though through sprint? I know I can get on with using it bluetooth thats no problem. I refreshed a page to see if it worked.
    But I have to say I'm afraid I'll be charged.

jonnmarcy no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have alltel, my dial up no. is 777 but i dont know what my user name or password would be?