Is anyone using their 7100i on a bluetooth kit in their car that puts the ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

7100i bluetooth to car stereo with direct connect questions

Advertisement

Is anyone using their 7100i on a bluetooth kit in their car that puts the sound through the stereo speakers (like the parrot bluetooth kits) and also do a lot of direct connect use? I'm considering this but I'm concerned that all to muting of the stereo during direct connect conversations will be skitzoid and frustrating. Since I'll have to lay out a few hundred bucks for the kit and harness I'd like to get some feedback before I move forward.

I just can't see myself using a bluetooth headset as I've never like anything in my ear while driving. Any comments welcome.

Regards,

Roveer

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 7100i bluetooth to car stereo with direct connect questions

I'm the same with my ear Havn't had experience with bluetooh with vehicle sync. You may want to PM one of the Stackers at this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...dsets_car.html

dorkdotcom74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401791d8

i am using a 7100i on a pioneer 980bt and the direct connect does not come through the stereo if any one can make this work please let me know how. but to answer your question... my old moto i870 unit put the direct connect through the stereo fine and no annoying noises although it did seem to switch back to standby too fast so if the person you where talking to started talking too fast you would miss the first thing they said.

specialguess no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I use my 7100i with the bluetooth in my my new Dodge Caliber and it works great. took a few days to get use to talking out loud in a car but I am use to it now and I would have it no other way I don't have to hold the handset in my hand or at my ear when I drive. I can use the volume controls on the stereo to adjust he volume of the persons voice that I am talking to. It works amazing no complaints
    Markham, Ontario

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID

No problem
    Markham, Ontario

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C

Quote Originally Posted by specialguess
    I use my 7100i with the bluetooth in my my new Dodge Caliber and it works great. took a few days to get use to talking out loud in a car but I am use to it now and I would have it no other way I don't have to hold the handset in my hand or at my ear when I drive. I can use the volume controls on the stereo to adjust he volume of the persons voice that I am talking to. It works amazing no complaints
    How is the SQ? Any echoing?

doubleg no está en línea Stack level 2

O i know exactly what sound your talking about. All nextel phones do that when thier around any stereo because they have the lowest radio fequency on the list of providers. So it interferes with car stereos, cb radios, and there are reports of police officers trying to use thier walky talkys but all they hear is static. They say its caused by nextel too.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by nvisi0n
    How is the SQ? Any echoing?
    The sound quality is good I have no echoing. I have been using it for the past few months with no issues
    Markham, Ontario

nrhpd527 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by doubleg
    O i know exactly what sound your talking about. All nextel phones do that when thier around any stereo because they have the lowest radio fequency on the list of providers. So it interferes with car stereos, cb radios, and there are reports of police officers trying to use thier walky talkys but all they hear is static. They say its caused by nextel too.
    Not only is this 100% for sure caused by Nextel, but to avoid getting many of their towers shut down by the FCC over this interference, Nextel is also moving many police departments' radio frequencies free of charge. Evidently, it was cheaper to replace the chips that control the frequency in thousands and thousands of police radios than it was to have to face the customer fallout from having to make people buy all new phones.

Trust me, the Nextel phones (several of each of several different models did it for me) will screw up not only a portable police radio, but also mobile data computer modems, mobile video system audio transmitters, and other equipment.

Eventually, Nextel realized that this was their fault, and that getting sued and losing when they had already admtited to the problems to the FCC was not worth the hassle and canceled my contract for free. I have not had anywhere near to problems, even with Cingular / AT&T Wireless phones that gave me better indoor reception and call quality than the Nextel ever did.

jrosenblum no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I have a Parrot CK3100 in my car and I have a lot of trouble with the DC function. I end up having to switch it over and activate the phone speaker and then mute the radio manually. I don't use DC in my car very often because of this. Anybody know any fixes for this?

Rich Skalma no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth in the Car

I have a TL and I was using an i870 and it seemed to work fine with the Bluetooth. It was a little sketchy sometimes to get connected but once you are connected it worked great. I just bought a 7100i and have paired it with my car yet. I am crossing my fingers.