Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was so used to looking in threads and seeing all the nice themes with ... 81xx Themes forum

JosephR no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow this sucks now

Advertisement

I was so used to looking in threads and seeing all the nice themes with screen shots. It seems they've all been moved to the download section where I'd have to install them to actually see what I'm getting.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    all the images were lost ... they will need to eventually go in and replace them. sometimes stuff like this happens. hopefully they will be back up soon

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Damn thats a lot of images to replace.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You can still see the theme images on the original posts. At least mine are still showing up.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Some of my pics were all there until about 2 days ago. Now, they're all gone. I have to strategize with one of the mods to help me post all my images since I can no longer edit my previous theme postings. It's unfortunate yes but can be fixed with a little help . I'm now using photobucket to host my images since I don't want to exceed my allowance on image posting at the site either. I have 22 theme images to post lmao.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Is there a limit? I use photobucket as well. I like to post my themes with these type of images because they can be seen while wap browsing.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aclayej no está en línea Stack level 2
    This entire site is hard to navigate now, esp from my BB. I have to go into my CP and find older post just to find the theme forum.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Is there a limit? I use photobucket as well. I like to post my themes with these type of images because they can be seen while wap browsing.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes there is a limit of 60 images if you're using your album in control panel to store your images which is the right way to allow these images to be seen while browsing from your bb. I think this just affects the non-premium users though I'm not sure about it. Nevertheless, since I'm now using photobucket I'm gonna try to upload all my images there and post them as I mentioned in my previous posted themes. Might take a whole lotta time I know this but can and will be done.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

bboyPHOENIX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24aa5cd9
    I concur. Even tho us BB users gotta adjust I guess its for the greater good. I mean to keep PinStack all to ourselves is a little selfish.... Or is it? Hmmm~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JosephR no está en línea Stack level 2
    No, it's not selfish to want to keep it to ourselves. It was a BB site. The owners made it a big enough name in the BB world that they could entice sponsorships and advertising from other areas to help pay for an expansion. They expanded to make more money.

I'll be moving on to a different BB only board as soon as I can find one.

I liked having the home page all BB news and products for the BB.

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The themes section sucks now IMO. I was so used to seeing a theme I liked and clicking "download" but now like NONE are OTA anymore. And I'm tryin to help some friends who just got bb pearls get themes and there's no way they're going to understand all the steps involved in downloading through the computer and loading it through desktop manager. And I agree with Joseph. "Greater good" be damned. They shoulda kept this BB only. We were the loyal followers on this site, we made it great, now I feel like I got thrown to the wolves. Let WindowsMobile and Iphone users make their own website.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Almost every theme is OTA and if they are not 99.9% of the themers will do what they can to make them OTA if you request it. I understand your frustration with the new set up but for most who have gotten used to it and use it all the time. It has become a non-issue.

I have been a member for almost a year now and I am hardcore BB but I think the new direction of the site is awesome and very easy to use. Of course this is just IMO. Sorry you don't feel the same way.

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Aggreed with mouseman damn all the inferior smartphones... Damn them all to heck.... Lol

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Modern cowboy, maybe I don't know where to look for ota themes anymore. Almost all the ones I find are zip files and I even saw a message that said something like "unfortunately we are unable to provide OTA downloads at this time." I believe I went through the downloads section, but if there's another place I should be looking, any help would be appreciated. I'm not very good at navigating this new setup yet, so maybe that's my problem.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Right here in the 81xx themes section, where you found this thread. Forum link here. Then click on "Search Forum" on the right side of the page next to "forum tools" Just search for OTA and you will come up with many, or if viewing via BB instead of PC, look at each thread.

There are some that are zip only but many have OTA links. The availability of OTA links is up to the theme developer not the site. Many theme developers host their own OTA files or they request hosting here on PinStack. Many only provide zip files, that's up to them, not us.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast