Ok. This is sooo Mind-boggling and I've been trying to figure it out ALL day. ... 81xx Themes forum

gemangel50 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Why won't my Blackberry Desktop Manager v. 4.5 buttons work?

Advertisement

Ok. This is sooo Mind-boggling and I've been trying to figure it out ALL day.
    So for starters, my phone model is a Blackberry Pearl 8120 from T-mobile. I have an Acer netbook, so i installed the Blackberry Desktop Manager off of Blackberry's website. I previously had v.4.6, and it worked before. I have uninstalled DIFFERENT versions (including v.4.6) about FIVE times today. I even made sure all of the registry files were deleted and everything. This v.4.5 downloaded without any issues. Another thing is When I CONNECT my Blackberry pearl via USB, my PC recognizes it. I already checked the serial port drivers and updated them and everything. When I open the desktop Manager, it says it's "Connected" at the top and everything. Although, the bottom of the desktop manager doesn't say a pin and there isn't a MENU bar at the top. My issue is that whatever I click on the Blackberry Desktop Manager, will not work. The cursor will change and the button will be highlighted when the mouse is over it, but no matter how many times I click it, it won't do anything! I've looked at forums,troubleshooters, and posts. Please Help. I just want to upload some .alx file themes that I downloaded. P.S. I don;t have the Internet service on my Blackberry, so I don't want to use OTA links. Thanks so much and God Bless ya!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, I know you've done this several times already, but I'd suggest a complete uninstall of the DM using the method you'll find in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature. You'll also find the link to download the latest DM there as well.

Also, please check into the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. This will help you to get rid of any of the remnants left behind from prior attempts at loading DM. Reboot your Netbook after you've uninstalled Desktop Manager via the method above, then download and run the cleanup utility.

Hope this helps!

thank you. I hope it works!

nope. When I press the buttons they still won't work.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, you're done already?

What DM did you download and install and what OS is on your Netbook?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Cor Blimey! Gemangle you must have a super fast Acer netbook ! If you follow thge steps of RogerG it Will take you longer than 30 Minutes. Be patient buddy.
    !

I'm using a 4.4 or 4.5 OS (I'm not 100 percent sure) and I downloaded Desktop Manager v.4.5. I've already tried 4.6 (which used to work for me) and 5.0, 4.7, etc. I did take the steps you told me to, but I never deleted the v. 4.5 install download I saved before rebooting and using the windows installer(which when I rebooted my system, didn;t show anything Blackberry or desktop manager related), so I was able to do it fast.