Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys, I really wish you could help me. I've tried to google some of ... 81xx Themes forum

blitzed no está en línea Stack level 2

WinDesktop Theme - NO OTA - HELP!!!!:(

Advertisement

Hey guys, I really wish you could help me. I've tried to google some of this, but it was way too confusing.

I've just purchased the WinDesktop theme from the bplay.com for $6.99, unfortunatelly this was done over the internet on my desktop, and after receiving the email with the confirmation link, I came to realise that it was a "OTA" install file, "JAD."

Now, my phone doesn't have the internet service, not yet, since I've recently gotten it, and there is no way I could add that to my bill at the moment, so I was wondering if there is ANYTHING I can do, to to somehow install this on my phone without actually purchasing the internet plan and downloading over the air.

I'm not lying for those guys/ladies who think I'm just a bullshitter who doesn't wanna pay for a theme, and trying to steal it. I don't have time at the moment, but I will post a screenshot of my receipt as proof, that I did buy it. I just don't have any way of installing it on my phone..

How could I convert it from jad to alx, or maybe I could have my friend download it, and then text me the file? I really feel like it's a waste of $7, and I don't want to go through the hustle of recalling 7 freaking bucks, but I do hope for the best.

Please help, thanks

Re: WinDesktop Theme - NO OTA - HELP!!!!:(

"for people who needs to convert .jad/.jar files to .cod/.alx:"

I only have the .jad file, that I downloaded on my PC from the link that came in my email, so all that converting can't be it.

im such a freakin noob, somehow im getting this feeling that Im gonna spend a year coding this from jad to cod lol, as I've so far learned, the .alx is only the text for what the .cod really is.

but damn it, i wish bplay would just send me the ALX file and not OTA!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Also see: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...alx_cod-2.html

Also see: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/252505-post16.html

Another option may simply be to write bplay an email and ask for the zip file install files.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

I don't have the jar files, only the JAD So nothing works, but that was a great tutorial

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

im with srl...simply write to bplay and let them know that you need the desktop download and not the wireless download ... im sure it won't be an issue for them to resend it to you

hopefully not, I've emailed them last night, still no reply

they havent answered me and I sent them an email around 20 hours ago.. They don't seem to care that much...

the support system from Bplay and their site magmic gives 0% about what happens to your money, and you. I emailed them 2 days ago and havent gotten for an answer, if you wanna buy a game a theme or anything, but theres some sort of a problem that you're afraid, rather don't even bother. Hell I shoulda, boot legged it, cause those sites a joke
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 12-26-2007 at 12:36 AM. Reason: edited for language

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by blitzed View Post
    the support system from Bplay and their site magmic gives 0% about what happens to your money, and you. I emailed them 2 days ago and havent gotten for an answer, if you wanna buy a game a theme or anything, but theres some sort of a problem that you're afraid, rather don't even bother. Hell I shoulda, boot legged it, cause those sites a joke
    I think they are all out for the Holiday's? I'm sure they will respond have some patients.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 12-26-2007 at 12:37 AM. Reason: edited quote for language

So I just got the inet plan, and decided to download it over the air.. Funny thing, my phone froze 2 times for whatever reason and now the link is expired. No customer support, no nothing. The worst place to buy themes from, I most definitely do not recommend.

And it's not even logical, hey it's the holidays, they're taking a break. I sent them an email a week before christmas, not to mention it's an email, and you're telling me they daily update their site with games, but they can't reply to my question? Terrible, wasted my money.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 12-26-2007 at 12:37 AM. Reason: edited for language.

I'm so mad that after all this wait, I just get ignored on by their service...
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 12-26-2007 at 12:38 AM.

PIN/ID
    ATA

blitzed .. we understand your frustration, but you have to understand that 1) bplay has a TON of customers emailing them everyday for one reason or another ... patience. and 2) it is the holiday season.

and just a reminder that even tho we have a bot that gets most of the bad language, it doesn't get it all and well, we all know what's under the asterisks...so let's try and keep the language family friendly

Sorry cherri, I just can't believe after all of this it just expires on me. Now I can't even get the freaking theme..

PIN/ID
    ATA

yep ... im sorry

remember that they have a certain amount of people working a 'grave yard' type shift and answering soooo many technical questions right now with all the new bb's being given for presents not everyone has found pinstack yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast