I've figured out with help from this forum how to load themes made with theme ... 81xx Themes forum

lagers1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Will Theme builder work on 8100 Pearl.

Advertisement

I've figured out with help from this forum how to load themes made with theme builder onto my 8700v. My colleague has a 8100 Pearl but theme builder doesn't list 8100 Pearl. Would a 7100 theme made in theme builder load onto 8100 Pearl. The phones look similar .Many thanks for any help.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Will Theme builder work on 8100 Pearl.

Hi lagers1,

No it will not work for the Pearl. The good news is there is a newer version of the software (4.2) that will. Head back over to the Plazmic web site and download it.

ALso see:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._themes-6.html

for examples for Pearl themes posted using the 4.2 software.

hope that helps?

lagers1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for info but do you know specifically if 4.2 will allow me to design a WORDED theme or are they all icon themes like on the Pearl. Do you know if I'll need to download java 4.2 also since I only have Java 4.1 installed at the moment.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

lagers1, you will be limited to the zen theme (5 icons on left side) or the icon them. that is what plazmic gives us as templates to work with. some say that maybe plazmic will release new templates at a later date in a service pack update.
    go to plazmic, as srl suggested, and download the theme builder for the pearl. since you already have java running, it will most likely 'alert' you during install if you are missing anything (complete with a url to the download site).

dabears2k no está en línea Stack level 1

I am not a fan of the zen themes

katy00831 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F47CD1

The Zen themes are the only ones I like, the Icons just take away from whatever background photo i have, am I just an impatient retard or is there a way to clear away the icons to show the screen with a push of a button. (not just by hiding them)

abonter4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFDB7

Hw do I download the theme from my laptop to my 8100? Do I put it onto my memory card? Please help!!!!

PIN/ID
    204CFDB7

katy... theres sort of a way to do it.... You know when you go over icons they highlight? well on the family guy themes for 8100 ( http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rl_themes.html ) they've basically changed the non-highlighted icons to transparent and the highlighted icons solid (not transparent).... so that when you highlight the icon by rolling over it, it "appears". of course the were already there but it looks liketheyre just appearing...kind of annoying if you dont know where your icons are located

chemgod1000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by abonter4
    Hw do I download the theme from my laptop to my 8100? Do I put it onto my memory card? Please help!!!!
    Use your USB data cable, and the Blackberry desktop Manager, use the application loader, browse to find the file, click next and wala, it is on your pearl. You may or may not have to pull the battery depending on your OS version. If you do then download the software mentioned in another thread and it will allow for no battery pull.

PIN/ID
    204CFDB7

oh yea and never mind about that last question... i have a new question instead :P so when i build a theme ... and i want to save it and then send it to my phone with desktop manager... i export it, and then i get an error saying that the pathway is incorrect... any idea which pathway i should be on?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You need to export it to an .alx file. Open desktop manager launch app loader and go find where you saved the file and add the .alx file

qbanhotsauce70 no está en línea Awaiting email verification

This section is relaly helpful THANKS!!