Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by veegeezy missvickie, I had the same problem a couple of times that ... 81xx Themes forum

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: pearl 8100 themes please HELP!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by veegeezy
    missvickie,
    I had the same problem a couple of times that I believe you are describing here. If I understand correctly you try to add the .alx file with the DM and it tells you that nothing additional was found?

If that's the case the theme is probably already listed in DM and waiting for you to finish installing it. That happened to me a couple of times. It seemed that the DM found and added the .alx file without me having to add it myself, and when I tried to it said nothing additional was found. Wondering what was going on I scrolled down to look for the theme and it was listed in DM but was waiting to be installed by me clicking next or finish. That happened twice and I'm not sure why.
    Well I hope after all this typing it will help you out in some way.
    Great point! Also, there have been times when I was trying to download via DM and the item wasn't checked. So even if I clicked next or finish, it still wouldn't install. Make sure if the theme is showing up on the DM, to place a check mark on it to install. Hope all this helps! That wouldn't explain the problems with the OTA installs though....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: why im tha only one not getting THEMES

missvickie -
    if you launch app loader and scroll down do you see the theme in the list of apps? if so, is the box in front of it checked?

reason being - the two post up above ^^ and because last night, while attempting to make my own theme, i had to re-install it numerous times to get the font the way i wanted it...but you have to make sure to uninstall -via the app loader (uncheck the box and let it go thru the process) THEN go back, open the app loader again and check the box IN FRONT of the app and let it go thru its process...see if that works...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you have the Cod and Alx Files for the Plazmic Theme Reader that was for 4.1 themes selected for installation, Remove the checkmark and finish the installation process.

Then disconnect your BB and Close Desktop Manager. Reconnect the BB to your PC and open Desktop Manager. See if it doesn't try to install the new theme reader.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

i'm having the same problem as well, did everything and it still won't show up in my themes list.

sickmunkeyz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA7E9

i got mine to show up by removing some of the other themes. i dont even use the unlocked vendor themes.

KatyaLauren no está en línea Stack level 1

Where do you go to get your themes OTA? and does it put it in your themes auto..or do you have to do something else from that point?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by KatyaLauren
    Where do you go to get your themes OTA? and does it put it in your themes auto..or do you have to do something else from that point?
    Hi Katyalauren,

Also see: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ta_themes.html

For the ota theme downlaods. No other files are needed after the download simply pull the battery and re-boot the phone. When back up look in options/themes.

enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12