So recently on ANY today theme that i use i can't delete the text message ... 81xx Themes forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

What kind of glitch is this?

Advertisement

So recently on ANY today theme that i use i can't delete the text message from the home screen...the odd thing is that I go into the message and delete it and it does get deleted but when i exit to the home screen it's still there and i'm actually able to access it once again.

now i've switched to another today theme and it does the same thing; i can solve the problem by doing a battery pull but that can get pretty annoying every time i get a text that i don't need.

now; this is a replacement pearl that i got about a month ago and i noticed the problem after about the first week or so. my original pearl worked fine (up until the earpiece malfunctioned)...and yes i have the latest os in it, and all other themes work fine except for the today themes.
    Last edited by Optimus; 05-08-2008 at 04:12 AM.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I'd download the latest and reinstall the os, besides that I doubt there is anything you could do to fix it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I ran into that before but it went away by itself try deleting from the today screen first instead of deleting it from your inbox

Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    I ran into that before but it went away by itself try deleting from the today screen first instead of deleting it from your inbox

tried that; but it won't go away from the today screen at all. i even tried switching between today themes and the other one has it too....

as for the reloading of the os; i did that when i got the replacement about a month ago and i even loaded the resore point from my previous berry. so unless they have made an update since then i don't think re-loading it will make a difference. and i don't like trying beta anything. aside from that, the phone works fine...but i guess trying another restore point might help otherwise i guess i'll have to avoid any today themes i come across which is a shame since it's the only one that is the practical and useful (for me).

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

I'll have to agree with you optimus on the fact that the today themes, once loaded, do some weird stuff sometimes.

Now .. The today theme in question; does it separate the messages from SMS on the homescreen? Or are all of these going into one box?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

I'll have to agree with you optimus on the fact that the today themes, once loaded, do some weird stuff sometimes.

Now .. The today theme in question; does it separate the messages from SMS on the homescreen? Or are all of these going into one box?
    what do you mean 1 box? all my sms messages go under messages. i don't have internet on my berry so i don't get emails if that's what you mean....i know that when i DO go into messages that it's not there because i already deleted them but when i exit to the home screen they are still viewable. you could only view about 3 subject lines on the homescreen and if i get any new ones they replace the old ones that are supposed to be deleted....i'll try turning the phone off and on and see if that clears it.........................nope, that didn't work.

test....

now when i try to post in here after logging in i get this....
    1. You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    test....

now when i try to post in here after logging in i get this....
    1. You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

apparently you have to go advance and not use the quick reply.....

Update....

so i did the battery pull thing and as soon as i get a message, the problem remains; i was wrong about other messages deleting the first one so i'm thinking it's a memory issue but i have a 2 gig card with 1.8 of free space...this has turned into quite the puzzle.

cbarth3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post

How exactly would you do this? I might be missing something here.

This seems to be only an sms related issue as emails will leave the today screen once read.

cherrichiodo both emails and sms go into same box. I tried separated and the sms do not even show up on the today screen. I will probably leave separated as I like the calender view on the home screen as I am coming from WM and just got my pearl 3 days ago

cbarth3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    the dimension today plus corrects this, docks 5 icons on the right side, but you cant actually adjust profile be selecting the speaker on home screen even though there is a speaker icon

you can get it from here

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=72030

edit: well it made a liar out of me. the text messages from the sprint website would go away once read, but as soon as I got one from my wife it stayed
    Last edited by cbarth3; 05-19-2008 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarth3 View Post
    the dimension today plus corrects this, docks 5 icons on the right side, but you cant actually adjust profile be selecting the speaker on home screen even though there is a speaker icon

you can get it from here

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=72030

edit: well it made a liar out of me. the text messages from the sprint website would go away once read, but as soon as I got one from my wife it stayed

well, i'm kinda glad i'm not the only one....i guess it's the same as that speaker glitch (which i went through).

anyone else have any ideas? cause i still have the problem.

can anyone provide some insite? is this a common thing?

dbeechey no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2012xx12
    sorry never heard of it