I have a BB Pearl 8100 from T-Mobile. It has the original OS that it ... 81xx Themes forum

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Arrow Weird Issue!

Advertisement

I have a BB Pearl 8100 from T-Mobile. It has the original OS that it comes with which is v4.2.0.64. I'm having a tough time installing themes. I've tried themes from other websites and recently from this one. I've tried using the Desktop Manager., Via OTA (Over-The-Air). Problem is none of them show up under THEME. Shows only the original four that it comes with. The weird part is that If I go to OPTIONS/ ADVANCED OPTIONS/ APPLICATIONS/.. You can actually see them. I've done the master reset on the BB but it was no help. I also did the OPTIONS/ ADVANCED OPTIONS/ APPLICATIONS/ find the theme/ hit menu/ edit permission/ and make sure its says Allow on 1st and 3rd and custom on second fields. That didnt do anything either. So what am I missing?
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!"

T-Mobile 9700 | OS 6.0.0.344

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Weird Issue!

Did you install the theme reader file too? Also with themes on the Pearl, I believe you need to reboot the phone (battery pull) for them to show up. Did you try that after installing the theme?

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Yes I've also tried that. I've even tried deleting the theme reader and installed the themes again (Due to people saying that the pearl doesnt need it). Same Result..I've done the 30 seconds battery pull. Same result.
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!"

T-Mobile 9700 | OS 6.0.0.344

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

There is no separate theme reader for BB devices that use core S/W 4.2 and later. The theme reader is now part of the core apps package. Some pearls apparently didn't get it properly installed and you need to download and install the handheld software package on your PC the reconnect the Pearl and let it update the core apps.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~