hey guys. i just purchased my bberry pearl 8130 from verizon today. i have DL ... 81xx Themes forum

crazyn1nja no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c1a4f4

trouble xferring themes on 8130

Advertisement

hey guys. i just purchased my bberry pearl 8130 from verizon today. i have DL many themes from the forums here and unzipped them to my desktop. i opened up bberry desktop manager and when i go to "Add..." it opens up a search box of course, i find one of the many .alx files that i have and hit enter. What happens next is the weird part...after half a second it pops up with a box that says "no additional applications designed for your device were found" and nothing loads or shows up on my bberry pearl. i dont know what to do... any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: trouble xferring themes on 8130

Quote Originally Posted by crazyn1nja View Post
    hey guys. i just purchased my bberry pearl 8130 from verizon today. i have DL many themes from the forums here and unzipped them to my desktop. i opened up bberry desktop manager and when i go to "Add..." it opens up a search box of course, i find one of the many .alx files that i have and hit enter. What happens next is the weird part...after half a second it pops up with a box that says "no additional applications designed for your device were found" and nothing loads or shows up on my bberry pearl. i dont know what to do... any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    welcome to pinstack

you will need to download and install the verizon 8130 device OS. then go thru the steps above again the themes should load the second time around.

here' s the link

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...w_4_3_0_a.html

crazyn1nja no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c1a4f4

ah perfect. thank you very much for the help. i just installed the os and everything was showing up to xfer. thanks again!

stowberryjamz no está en línea Stack level 1

This is a bit of a problem for me while browsing this forum too.. No separate forum threads for CDMA BB pearl 8130. They have different issues compared to the 8100. PLUS the themes were intended for 8100 not 81xx (which covers everything under the 81-- category).

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by stowberryjamz View Post
    This is a bit of a problem for me while browsing this forum too.. No separate forum threads for CDMA BB pearl 8130. They have different issues compared to the 8100. PLUS the themes were intended for 8100 not 81xx (which covers everything under the 81-- category).
    All the themes made for the 8100 devices will work on the 8130. All that's needed is the device os and dm installed on your pc. Welcome to pinstack

L0L061 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi I have been having the same problem except I use sprint. I see this is just for Verizon. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this on sprint? also it says my version is 4.3.0.71 if you need to know that.
    Last edited by L0L061; 12-12-2007 at 10:49 AM.

sundi no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by L0L061 View Post
    Hi I have been having the same problem except I use sprint. I see this is just for Verizon. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this on sprint? also it says my version is 4.3.0.71 if you need to know that.

ME TOO!!! I get the SAME error message, except , I'm with Sprint and have Version 4.3

PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It will work on any 4.2 device. You need to download the operating system specific to your device.

sundi no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It will work on any 4.2 device. You need to download the operating system specific to your device.

How do I do that and where do I get it? I've searched ALL over and can't figure out what I'm supposed to be downloaded and how, from my device, from my computer?

PIN/ID
    ATA

sundi, post #2 has the link for the verizon OS. you need to download that to your PC. then follow the directions in this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

nicci09 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301CDF8A

~via BB browser....
    Hey guys, I've been having the same issue. what do I do if I'm using Bell Canada as a service provider? Does that even matter? I'm using an 8130 with "System Software for the BlackBerry 8100 series (v.4.2)". So shouldn't I be able to transfer themes anyway?? I don't get it.....