Hi, I'm having a little problem with the today theme both default and bphone versions. ... 81xx Themes forum

noir no está en línea Stack level 1

Today Theme Error 8130

Advertisement

Hi, I'm having a little problem with the today theme both default and bphone versions. The icons on the Today theme seem bigger than the space alotted for them. So for example the calendar icon should have the ical icon with a "9" in the middle well my icon is cut off so I only see the top of the nine and a bit of the right of the icon is also cut off.

Another problem I have is that the messages icon on both bphone and default (which is why I figure its not a problem with bphone and probably my phone) is that the top little part of the messages icon seems to be a little to high because when i go to my applications page i can see the top of my messages icon from my today page. Is there anything I can do.

telus mobility

DWiLL8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    this has always been a factor when making today themes..

it happens to everyone

we were hoping the new plazmic would fix it..... but it didn't

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    yes, i was very very sad to see this as well, as that is what kept me on 4.2 for so long. upgraded to 4.5 when the new CDK came out, made me a new today theme and same issue. the icons don't fit too well ... the ONLY work-around i have found for this and it is a work-around ONLY for those making their own themes is to move the icons you want on the today screen to flush left, then hide them on the icon screen (bc then they truly look out of place)

as for your second issue, again, nothing you as the end user can do. the person who made the theme would need to increase the banner size a few points, then the message icon wouldn't be visible on the icon screen from the today screen. all issues that can only be fixed by the person building the theme, not the end user.

kstew904 no está en línea Stack level 1

???

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    yes, i was very very sad to see this as well, as that is what kept me on 4.2 for so long. upgraded to 4.5 when the new CDK came out, made me a new today theme and same issue. the icons don't fit too well ... the ONLY work-around i have found for this and it is a work-around ONLY for those making their own themes is to move the icons you want on the today screen to flush left, then hide them on the icon screen (bc then they truly look out of place)

as for your second issue, again, nothing you as the end user can do. the person who made the theme would need to increase the banner size a few points, then the message icon wouldn't be visible on the icon screen from the today screen. all issues that can only be fixed by the person building the theme, not the end user.

I don't understand what you mean by move the icons flush left then hide them on the icon screen. My icons have always been flush left and still do not show correctly and how do you hide them on the icon screen?