Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yes, I am making sure they are for the 8100 specifically. I download the theme. ... 81xx Themes forum

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Themes not working

Advertisement

Yes, I am making sure they are for the 8100 specifically.

I download the theme.
    open the file and copy the .alx file to my desktop
    I already have desktop manager open with my bb connected.
    I run the app loader and add
    select the .alx file that is on my desktop and hit ok.
    then the error comes up.
    I have the OS in the listing in the app loader.
    I am actually going through the thread for pearl themes for pc transfer right now and just choosing some and trying and can't get any to work so far. I got just the one to work. That is it.

Ok, to update...

I think what I was doing wrong was pulling the file out of the zipped file without actually extracting them. That is all I can think of. Now most of them still won't work, but I have now been able to upload 4 themes. The wierest thing was that Cherichoda's theme wouldn't work like 4 different occasions but worked this last time so I think for some odd reason my phone may just be picky cause I am doing the same thing everytime. I am doing exactly what I have been doing this whole time but it seems that by extracting all files to my desktop make more than none work. That is better than what I was getting which was nada. Thank you everyone who were trying to help. I can't believe I had this many problems and I am not even a newbie. LOL.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky147 View Post
    Ok, to update...

I think what I was doing wrong was pulling the file out of the zipped file without actually extracting them. That is all I can think of. Now most of them still won't work, but I have now been able to upload 4 themes. The wierest thing was that Cherichoda's theme wouldn't work like 4 different occasions but worked this last time so I think for some odd reason my phone may just be picky cause I am doing the same thing everytime. I am doing exactly what I have been doing this whole time but it seems that by extracting all files to my desktop make more than none work. That is better than what I was getting which was nada. Thank you everyone who were trying to help. I can't believe I had this many problems and I am not even a newbie. LOL.
    ya, the 'extracting' part is a really big thing, because the files within the compressed zip file aren't usable until you extract them from the zip

did you try some more?

I have got a total of 4 now so hopefully that was the problem but that is still wierd how your theme was rejected even when I did extract then I threw it in recycle bin and refreshed it out of there and tried again and it worked. I am just glad it worked finally. I will let everyone know if I have any further problems with it. Thank you everyone again for your help. You can close the thread if you'd like. Thanks again.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I am glad things are better but i'm still interested in certain things that are causing your problems.

Be sure to re-boot your computer and also be sure to pull the battery out of the phone and re-start the phone.

Memory can cause some very odd issues and i know everything you are trying uses memory. Sorta that copy and paste that is left behind from a prior copy and paste? I would like to make sure your computer and phone and desktop manager are clear of all those things.

Oh, and sorry Cherri, I spelled your screen name wrong. =( Didn't scroll up and look.

Ok, I pulled out my battery and did the reset and there are no additional ones. It errored before it ever got to the phone. I also restarted my laptop and I am not seeing any errors. Which thank goodness cause this is brand new with Vista so I would have had to figure out what to do. When I originally installed the OS to my puter my screen flashed blue with scribbly letters through the middle of my screen and then my puter shut down on it's own. It was crazy and i was stressing thinking I just messed it all up. I had to hit the power to restart the puter and it worked fine after that. I am not sure what is giving me those errors. I thought it was the lack of actually extracting the files, but it still does it now and then. I don't have a bunch of stuff on my phone either. I have like 8 pics and 3 ringtones. That was all. I just got this phone after my recently departed DG razor ate concrete for the first and last time. I like my BB anyways. I went from a 7250 to an 8700c to my pearl. Those big phones I kept dropping. But I got a Krussel on this and I got 2 silicone cases. This phone isn't gonna eat it. LOL. I am not sure what it is. But at least I got 4 for now and I will work on it periodically.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Your delima does not stem from your phone. It's Vista and how the software plays or in your case DOES NOT PLAY well.

There is always more to the story when things don't make sense.

That could very well be the case. Vista is still relatively new and I am sure has little bugs. The only thing that I found odd is that my boyfriend has the same issues even with some of the OTA to his 8800. I think some of the themes posted don't all work correctly. There are a few dead links as well. That being said, I think I am just going to have to try a theme and see what happens. It may take and it may not. I have never really had this much of an issue getting themes on a BB before so it was very un-nerving. In more cases I agree with you that it may be vista posing the issue, but the OTA transfers that did not work correctly tell me some of the themes are bad. My boyfriend didn't try a whole bunch, but he definately knows his way around a BB to know how to do it. I guess this is a whole new issue as far as compatibility of BB software to vista and issues that may insue. =) Sometimes we learn by the process of elimination. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123