I have downloaded a few great themes from our site. When I look in options, ... 81xx Themes forum

capg2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Themes not found...

Advertisement

I have downloaded a few great themes from our site. When I look in options, themes, they are not there. In advanced options, applications, they are there. Any ideas? on how to open & use? BB 8100, platform ver. 4.2.1.96
    Thanks all!
    Last edited by capg2000; 07-23-2008 at 11:03 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    First off, are they meant for your OS version? Many of the newly released themes won't work on any version lower than 4.5...also, are they meant for your device? An 8330 theme wont work on an 8100 etc?

If you could post back with which version you are running and maybe links to some of the themes you've tried, we might be able to help you trouble-shoot.

Also, did you reboot your BB with either the soft reset program or a battery pull after theme installation? Often this is required in order to make the themes appear in that list.....

Edit: one other thing...have you deleted any of the pre installed Dimension themes? That could be the problem.......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

They are all themes from Smooth Properties. Only 1 is for 4.2.1 the other 3 are for 4.2.2
    I guess thats Y they will not run. BUT the 1 for 4.2.1 is not coming up either. i have long since done a battery pull.
    G

Well, I'm not familiar with the name smooth properties and a quick google search didn't bring up anything blackberry theme related.....Correct if you are running 4.2.1 then that's the probable reason for the 4.2.2 or higher themes not working....

One question you didn't answer is have you deleted any of the pre-loaded dimension themes?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Sorry, the themes are from DjSmooth. he's here....
    Nope, no themes deleated at all..

lol ok from smooth....can you be more specific about which themes you are trying? He makes alot of themes for both the pearl and the curve....just want to know which one you're having trouble with......so if you could post the link or the exact thread title that would help

If nothing I suggest helps, you might need to PM him, there may be an error with the link or file......I just bought a theme from bplay for my sons 8130 last week and tried 6 times to download it and had the same problem of it not showing in the themes list, but it was showing in the modules list in Applications(is yours?)

Bplay ended up having to send a new link which worked perfect the 1st time I tried it......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Thats the same here. I downloaded from Pinstack, Confirm version type, shows up in Apps, but not in themes...
    I will try & download another, & see IF i get N-E where. Thanks for the help / feedbak.
    Ill post as I go on, so IF i get the answer others might learn.
    Capt Gary

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey Gary, if you can post a link to the particular Theme in question I might be able to help you work it out. I received you PM, and Replied, but no response. Now, just based on what you're saying here, let me ask you have you downloaded and installed the Software (OS) for your device on your computer yet...

Hi DJ, Iv been traveling a bit..
    I have a BB 8100, platform ver. 4.2.1.96
    Im running Desktop Mgr. . 4.2.0.14
    Is that what you R reffering to? Tryin to use your Ultimate Vista 2 day.
    I would like to have a few different themes of yours. They are Smooth!!

Thanks again, Capt Gary capg2000@bellsouth.net
    Last edited by capg2000; 07-27-2008 at 11:41 PM.

Ill stay on a bit if you want to try & work this thru.. Thanks.. Gary

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    gary, you MUST have the device software installed on your PC in addition to DM. that is what the DJ was trying to tell you