Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am currently having a problem installing a theme. I have tried everything that comes ... 81xx Themes forum

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Theme Won't Install

Advertisement

I am currently having a problem installing a theme. I have tried everything that comes to mind but nothing is working so anyone else have any ideas please let me know.

Ok I have OS 4.2.1.107 and I am on AT&T and I have the current Desktop Manager without Roxio. The plazmic themereader on the phone shows 4.2.1.107. The theme I am trying to install is the Halloween Theme by gixxer frog. I have added it and deleted it off of the phone when it did not show in the themes. I have gone thru Desktop Manager and not click on add but checked the box next to the theme and it installed but again not in the themes. It does show in applications. I am about to give up.

gixxer frog did have a problem with the theme at first but fixed it and tested it out on his phone and it installed fine. He has been great to try to help me try to figure out what is going on with my phone, but nothing has work. So does anyone have any ideas oh what else I might try. Thanks in advance.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Theme Won't Install

First thing we need to know is what OS is the theme written for. 4.2.1, 4.2.2 ? Secondly sometimes you need to pull the battery and soft reset the phoen to get the theme to show up. You may have already tried that but just a suggestion.

PIN/ID
    242949a0

I am not sure what OS it was written for. In the PM gixxer frog sent me he said the original one was the wrong OS and he corrected it and that it should work for the Pearl now. Yeah tried the soft reset. Didn't work, bummer.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

It sounds to me like the theme you're trying to install is not correct for your device or you would be able to see it after installation with no problem. Have you tried other themes just to test and see if they load ok? I think this is a theme specific problem and it isn't the right one for your BB.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by shadow63
    I am not sure what OS it was written for. In the PM gixxer frog sent me he said the original one was the wrong OS and he corrected it and that it should work for the Pearl now. Yeah tried the soft reset. Didn't work, bummer.
    Yeah problem is there are different OS's for the pearl. Try a different theme and see if you can load it. If so it is an issue with the theme you are loading. If not try to uninstall the theme from the desktop and reinstall the OS on the phone.

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Ok, gonna go try a different theme and see how it works.

PIN/ID
    242949a0

ok i tried the imerzion theme by chickasaw and it install without a problem. So does that mean it is not my phone?

ok i tried the imerzion theme by chickasaw and it install without a problem. So does that mean it is not my phone?
    Yep it means it is the theme. Or at least that the theme was not written for your OS.

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Ok glad to know my phone is ok. Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it.

Ok glad to know my phone is ok. Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it.
    No problem glad you got it figured out.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

im pretty sure he said, in the theme thread, that he was going to have to RE-export the theme because he exported it to the wrong OS

gonna be iffy installing new custom themes, if the theme makers don't default and export to the lowest common OS, then it won't work on all BB's (bc we all know that some of us don't always upgrade )

glad you figured it out

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Thanks everyone for the info and help.

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

the first one i posted (which everyone was having trouble with was 4.2.2 i tested it on my phoen when i got home after hearing the problems and it wouldnt work) so i exported it using 4.2.1 now and it works fine on my phone - so i replaced the zip file on my web site with the new one - 4.2.1
    http://gixxerfrog.100webspace.net - my website - themes

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

gixxer ^^ anyone (i know, there aren't many left) running 4.2.0.XX won't be able to download your themes, unless you export them to 4.2.0
    if you export them to 4.2.0, then everyone using a pearl will be able to use them

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    gixxer ^^ anyone (i know, there aren't many left) running 4.2.0.XX won't be able to download your themes, unless you export them to 4.2.0
    if you export them to 4.2.0, then everyone using a pearl will be able to use them
    o.. i didnt know that i thought ifu were running 4.2.1 u had to use 4.2.1 ect. arg i messed up again i think though... on my site i think i only updated it in one page i didnt upload the correct one on the other page, im just gonna do what u said export it to 4.2.0 and upload it to both pages on my site lol... thanks though for the tip and everyone else for letting me know i had alil error... my bad everyone... hope it works for yall.
    http://gixxerfrog.100webspace.net - my website - themes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast