Theres a lot of really good themes out there that you creative people have come ... 81xx Themes forum

terpits no está en línea Stack level 1

theme oversights

Advertisement

Theres a lot of really good themes out there that you creative people have come up with. One issue I have, albeit you may have done it intentional, is that the fonts are hard to read. Some are too small, some are too light. Some have text not change colors when the cursor is over it.

I wish someone would come up with BBAlpha Sans, size 8, Plain, smoothing 'on',
    for the menu.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I feel your pain.... Sometimes the fonts look great on the computer screen while in the design stage, They test out beautifully in the simulator, and then are difficult to read on the actual device.

Most of the good designers live test their work on their own devices before releasing them, some don't. In some cases a theme is deisigned for a device the designer may not own, so we rely on the advice of others who test them.

In some cases the person testing doesn't want to make us feel bad, so they say it is great..... I wish they wouldn't do that..... LoL... I released a design tested by someone else... When I got my device back I found that the main screen tab-highlight was off centre. I was embarrassed because my tester had told me it was fine.....

But we try to fix what doesn't work.... My latest christmas theme has a font issue... The fonts in the menus are hard to read because of the contrasting colours... I am fixing it now and will update the files.... We just need to be TOLD.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

terpits no está en línea Stack level 1
    How in the world was able to start a new thread? I can't remember how I did this...

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Go t terelevant topic are There is a link at he to that says New Thread.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

bengoan no está en línea Stack level 1
    5 stars but no screenshot

Trent09 no está en línea Stack level 1
    another oversight is the fact that some people don't have 4.5OS some have 4.2 and some themes I would love to have on my phone are only made for 4.5 please make them for 4.2 as well as if you can include a zip file some people don't have a data plan...

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The problem with sharing Zip files is that anyone can save those files and use them to claim credit for the hard work a theme builder has done and even charge for it. Which is completely a slap in the face for someone else's work. I don't know about the rest of theme builders but I am not going to share my zip files. I've seen people getting their work stolen for this same reason. I mean, the majority of the theme builders here share their work for nothing in return except for some recognition. I admire these people who share their work free of charge. I remember when I first joined the stacks and used to ask for changes here and there for a theme and didn't really know how much work goes into a theme till I finally started making my own. I used to take for granted all the work these great individuals used to do for us and I now understand that for them to go back and make changes here and there for someone is not only time consuming but also a way of bashing their work. Making a nice theme takes approximately from 2-5 hours at times depending on how you want the icons to look; colors, fonts, placements, testing etc, etc... I guess what I'm saying is that please do not be so quick to judge us and learn to bear with us all. We don't ask for much but just for some leverage I guess. If the need calls for changes in a theme let us know and we will try to help you all but do remember to ask nicely. Sometimes, people mistakenly think they're entitled to everything and perfectly made for free which is upsetting to us who willingly share our work. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent09 View Post
    another oversight is the fact that some people don't have 4.5OS some have 4.2 and some themes I would love to have on my phone are only made for 4.5 please make them for 4.2 as well as if you can include a zip file some people don't have a data plan...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MonkeyBizIU no está en línea Themes Pro
    For a lot of people, creating these themes is fun. We genuinely enjoy it, as frustrating as it can be at times.

However, exporting and posting is, frankly, a pain in the ***.

Let's consider a single, default theme. You have Icon, Today, and Zen. The Icon theme uses much larger icons than Today and Zen, so you're already creating two sets of icons, with about 50 icons each. Then, you have to export for 4.2 and 4.5. And if you have webhosting, you have to export for Desktop and OTA. You're looking at 100 icons, and 12 exports, for ONE theme. Now, if you do a great theme for one device, people will want one for theirs. So let's say you do one for the Pearl and the Curve, which are the most popular. That's another set of icons, and another set of exports. Final total: 150 icons, 24 different exports. And don't even get me started on custom. Everyone wants something different. It was worse when Zen icons weren't application order.

It's exhausting at times.

So, if you're anything like me, you specialize. You say "I'm only releasing themes for 4.5, because it's what I use on my own device, and to be honest I build these for myself and not really for anyone else, but I release them anyway because someone might like them too." And then you choose to pick a format. I happen to think Today Plus is the cat's pajamas. And as an owner of a pretty awesome cat, I think I know something about cat pajamas.

In regards to releasing the .thm files, that's asking for trouble. Most users just want to tweak a few things, but there are some unscrupulous ones that want to use them for their own benefit. And honestly, it's impossible to tell the difference.